Potential New Boat???

Boatino

I'm looking to upgrade from my 22ft. Grady I/O to something newer. The problem is I really want outboards but I'm not sure how it is trolling with a 225 hp 2 stroke outboard? The other problem is handling fish around these stupid euro-transoms with twin outboards hanging off the back and mounting stern facing riggers with the outboards way back there. I would also consider inboards but it seems you have to get into the 30ft. range and I really want to stay in the 26-28 ft. range. It just seems that outboards are easier and less problems compared with I/O's. Oh yeah, there isn't enough room for a 4 stroke kicker either on the twin outboard boats I've been looking at. If anyone has fished off a similar outboard powered boat I'd be open for opinions...

Thanks,

John

IMO outboards are the only way to go. The new 4 strokes sip fuel. Drop em down level and they are winterized. I really cant recomend any brand of boat in the range you want but if you had the time it would probably be worth your trip to go down to Long Island and go from dealer to dealer. If you go out the N fork you could easily find 200 boats for sale.All shapes and sizes. All saltwater boats so I personally would not buy one how ever it would give you a good idea of what you want to look for.To bad the NYC boatshow is over lots of great rides there.They are all big bucks new. and still high used.

http://www.boattest.com/oem/general-inf ... =933&lp_id

If you want to be a lake pimp this would be my choice.