Can i still buy these?

Do they still make these small spoons? I want to buy a bunch of them if possible. This has been my most productive spoon for the last 2 springs. I catch everything on it from browns to lakers to steelies and even some walleyes and smallmouths. I only have 1 and i got it from a guy who gave me a bunch of old spoons.

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-152176-14254206862581_thumb.jpg

post-152176-14254206968163_thumb.jpg

Les will know, he's a wizard when it come to identifying spoons, he helped me out when I bought a bunch of old spoons at a garage sale.

Les will know, he's a wizard when it come to identifying spoons, he helped me out when I bought a bunch of old spoons at a garage sale.

i agree les has a wealth of knowledge and he has helped me out more than once with spoon identification. Les where are you buddy. Lol

red eye,evil eye's???there are some on e-bay,just checked

ive seen the bigger ones but not the smaller ones like this one. I will check ebay again. Thank you

vetting from this site had a boat load for sale.i think it was last year,maybe shoot him a pm see if he still has some.i bought some stuff from him this winter.good guy to buy from.

vetting from this site had a boat load for sale.i think it was last year,maybe shoot him a pm see if he still has some.i bought some stuff from him this winter.good guy to buy from.

ok will do thank you

Looks like Hank beat me to it this time.....I must be slowing up :)  That particular one and the one with an orange diagonal lightning stripe and black with silver stripe are deadly for rainbows and landlocks. It is good that Eppinger is still making them. Definitely one of my favorite if not my ultimate favorite spoons. I know others have said that they shouldn't be run at fast speeds but some of the best fish I've gotten on them (i.e. big) have been when they were revolving around (watch your rod tip and it pulsates) They also make a smaller one that works incredibly and I only have one (black with orange stripe) that has teeth marks all over it. Here are a few other colors that work :)

post-145411-0-78584500-1425423804_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-18904000-1425570127_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-31187500-1425570170_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

Yeah this is by far my favorite spring spoon. There are days that i literary cannot keep that spoon in the water. There are a lot of times where it gets hit while im putting it out.

I run alpenia diamonds also. Usually i have this spoon on 1 rigger and a alpenia diamond on the other. I only have 2 downriggers

Do they still make these small spoons? I want to buy a bunch of them if possible. This has been my most productive spoon for the last 2 springs. I catch everything on it from browns to lakers to steelies and even some walleyes and smallmouths. I only have 1 and i got it from a guy who gave me a bunch of old spoons.

See my post in this thread

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/topic/49030-andy-reekers-and-evil-eyes/

I'm getting excited reading these post.  I have about 14 of those spoons.  I bought them about five years ago and have never used them before but I'm going to this year.  They say Evil Eye on the inside part of the spoon almost in the middle. Some are small silver ones with orange stripe, some have a black stripe and some of them are black colored metal instead of regular silver colored metal.  I have some from about 2 inches long up to about 3 1/2 almost 4 inches.  I can't wait to try them out.  They are light weight spoons.  I didn't know you could catch other species.  I thought they were only for spring brown trout in shallow water.

Edited by Erskin

I sold all of the ones I had.  The ones on the eppinger I believe are different than the originals.  I would assume that some other company made the vintage ones and eppinger bought them out and started producing them.  As always, changes were probably made.  Can anyone confirm this?

Bondouley,

Do you use these spoons on a downrigger or planer board.  If you use them on a planer or just trailing out the back, do you use them by themselves or do you add a split shot to them to make them sink?  They are light weight.

Thanks

I run them off my riggers and down the middle flatlined with 2 split shots. I usually only run stickbaits and ss spoons of my boards