Never thought it would be this hard!

Never thought it would be this hard to find someone to go in on a camp and a boat!! I used to be in on one with my brothers . They just cant do it anymore. I'm dying to get back into it. I would like to find someone to go in on a place. If not i'll have to go it alone.

I could never go in on anything with a friend or relative,no matter if it was a boat ,camp,or anything like that.

Its just to easy to ruin friendships in my opinion.Its similar to people who go into business together,usually its a recipe for disaster. Do it yourself and then you can invite all your friends,and you all have a good time.

Those good friends you have will remain good friends,and there will be no problems that arise from owning something together.

I have a couple friends who I would let use my boat or camper in a heartbeat,because they are good friends,and would take as good or better care of the boat than I do.

When we all fish together,we split the costs for fuel, food, etc evenly.It works out great.

They say partnerships are the worse ship to be on.  I too would not go in on a partnership on a camp, or boat.  My grandfather used to be co-owner of a hunting camp with another guy.  THe other guy pasted away and instead of giving my grand father to buy his half passed it down to his son.  The son wanted everyone to pay in more and try to make a profit off all the guys.  Needless to say my grandfather got out of it and so did many other guys forcing the son to sell his half because he couldn't afford it.  Lesson learned on both ends.  

Anything mechanical is even worse to be in a partnership, I could see someone getting pissed because they have to foot half the price of a repair and they use the boat less or it didn't happen when they were running.  There are a lot of things that can go wrong.

I know of a couple small business partnerships that have last years if not decades but there has to be complete cooperation on both sides.