South American Muskie 2015

Client Rich Hart caught a 420 lb Arapiama on a Fly Rod on February 4th to be in the running for the IGFA All Tackle World Record & The Largest Freshwater Fish Caught on a Fly Rod!Guyana was good this February, clients caught 6 Arapiama,2nd picture is 290 lber!

post-144733-0-89069000-1425695619_thumb.jpg

post-144733-0-26991800-1425695766_thumb.jpg

Edited by mostlymuskies

Awsome Larry, that's a major mile stone accomplishment, maybe you will be on the next River Monser show, would be cool to see you on tv, just to say, HEY I know that guy!!! Wish the best for you!! But can't wait till spring unil your back home safe and fishing our hometown waters. PAP.

Pap, We may have an article about this adventure & world record catch in the In - Fishermen Magazine! We did get Go Pro footage of a 303 lb Arapiama from the hook up to the release with the fish clearing the water 4 times! I will make a YouTube Video and put it up here later this month.I returned to Buffalo and the 4 ft of snow in my driveway on Thursday night, ready to go back to Guyana!

Edited by mostlymuskies

I did have a poop my pants moment, while my back was turned to the river and I was standing on a solid rock area unhooking a Bacuda of about 25", a Black Caiman of around 10 ft long launched itself 6 ft through the air and landed right behind me grabbing the Bacuda right out of my hands! Talk about scaring the poop out of you! From that point on never turned my back to any water that was deep enough you could not see bottom.The only injuries on the trip were one clients thumb having skin burn't off from trying to thumb the reel spool on a Redtail Catfish that ran all the line off a Penn 309 reel!

Edited by mostlymuskies

Pap, When I came home I found my laptop down with a virus and presently have it at OfficeMax getting pictures & files recovered be for f disc and reload of Windows 98.So it will be another week or so before I can put the video up as a YouTube!

Pap, When I came home I found my laptop down with a virus and presently have it at OfficeMax getting pictures & files recovered be for f disc and reload of Windows 98.So it will be another week or so before I can put the video up as a YouTube!

Well that sucks!! But take your time don't want to loose that info, we had all our pic. of the girls when they were born on the computer and that happened, we had to have someone do the same for us. Hope everything goes well, PAP.

Stephen, I can F Disc and add the Windows 98 for free! Once I recover the pictures on flash disc I will purchase a new laptop if it gets infected again!The computer is to old to put Windows 8 on it, not enough memory or big enough hard drive and getting the new Windows would cost to much!