South American Muskie 2015

Costs verification: 15 Day Guyana Fishing Expedition $3500,Deposit $1000= $2500 Balance minus Airfare Credit of $700(earlier airlines are booked the more savings for client,early fares can be $520,saving client $180,some use airline points to book airfare and save all $700,from Miami even bigger savings)= $1800 balance(this balance must be brought to Guyana in U.S. Dollars Cash.

that is a great video except hes a lefty  that is definatly on my bucket list. At a pretty decent price for all thats included to.  Did I see on the website that rum is included?  I'm trying to talk my wife into sending me but its not going well.

The wolf fish pictured is indeed hoplias aimara (locals call it hymara). Curupira is a different fish and although their native ranges overlap, curupira looks a bit different and does not get as big. Not trying to be a smart a$$, i am just a fish geek and have kept several members of the hoplias genus as pets over the years. I will have to save my pennies and join you on one of these trips in the next couple of years Capt Larry. Looks to be the trip of a lifetime!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The wolf fish pictured is indeed hoplias aimara (locals call it hymara). Curupira is a different fish and although their native ranges overlap, curupira looks a bit different and does not get as big. Not trying to be a smart a$$, i am just a fish geek and have kept several members of the hoplias genus as pets over the years. I will have to save my pennies and join you on one of these trips in the next couple of years Capt Larry. Looks to be the trip of a lifetime!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

JOE ESOX.....No, you're not being an a$$! Appreciate the clarification stated by u on the difference among the species of similar family members. Had to double check my temporary confusion in the wolf fish names too. Not to be confused with the saltwater wolf fishes (anarhichadidae). Thanx for the headsup enlightenment! :yes:     :nod:

• 2 weeks later...

Next January we are going to explore even further upstream on the Rewa River.This year we went up river 12 hours, next trip we will push the boats across cut logs on cut path around three water falls and go 20 hours up river from Rewa Eco Lodge.We will be at least 132 miles from the nearest village or road.There will also be some ponds that have never been fished before.

Edited by mostlymuskies

• 2 weeks later...

I have a request by one client to go to Guyana in September of this year.I have room for up to 3 other persons for the last 2 weeks of September.This is also a period of low rain fall and low water levels and the first chance to fish the fish trapped in ponds from the flooding of July & August and then sudden drop of water levels.This will be non stop fish action with this being the 1st in fishing for 2015--2016 season!

• 3 weeks later...