Cayuga

• 2 weeks later...

There are two spots at Taughannock one on the North end and one on the south, throw a krockodile or similar good luck! Or there is the wall in between... they have live bait at the Kh redemption center state st. in Ithaca too.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Nautitroller

OK. Thanks for the info

Sent from my DROID4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hey Sodus Guy,

If you go to Taughannock, be careful on the north point pier. I checked it on Thursday (I live 5 minutes away) and it was still completely covered in ice, and we haven't had very warm temps this weekend. You may want to throw your ice creepers in your vehicle before leaving home. You won't need them on the middle or south points though. Good luck!

Cronoticed, what type of program did you run? I am thinking about launch ing from myers thus Sunday. Seems a bit cold still, so I don't think I will do much flat lining. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We tried almost everything we brought along - riggers at various depths (20-about 80 ft. w/stackers and sliders) and flatlining.  Tried spoons, sticks, flies with and without flashers/dodgers... the surface temp was 34 which is seriously cold, we didn't mark much of anything. Maybe heading south from Myers would produce? I'm still a bit of a newbie so we may have be doing some things wrong but it seemed unusually slow.  We're heading out of Long Point for some trolling & laker jigging on Sunday, I'll report back, good luck!

We tried to put in at long point today, its still frozen, should be open by next weekend. Put in at Myers for round 2, 1 decent LL which was an improvement over last Sunday but still not great. Look forward to reading your report Salmo, I think we were the only 2 boats on the lake (other than crew team) didn't see anyone around taughannock.

I went north out of Myers @ 6:45am, trolled north to the powerplant on the east side, had one decent LL maybe 18".  We jigged for lakers at the plant and across on the west side then trolled back to taughannock.  Jigging is normally our go-to when the trolling is slow but we marked very few fish and no bait, the jigging was non-existent.  Would've liked to try out of Long Point for the lakers but that'll have to wait for warmer weather. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know if the union springs launch/area by the island is ice free? I'd drive down and check tomorrow but forgot I promised the misses I would take her to dinner. Gotta pay the dues before I start disappearing on the weekends to chase perch

Anybody know if the union springs launch/area by the island is ice free? I'd drive down and check tomorrow but forgot I promised the misses I would take her to dinner. Gotta pay the dues before I start disappearing on the weekends to chase perch

I will try to check for you tmrw I only live 15 min. Away.....but what I see on the very north end I doubt it all the ice got push to the north.