I smell ice-out

No use in guessing anymore. I just went to marina to check on the boat and there is at least 12' of snow down each side can't even see the trailer. Very disheartening when there is much to do this year before splashdown. The good news is that I made my yearly pilgrimage to buy tackle and supplies and didn't have to go to the corporate places, instead I supported a few local shops and maybe paid more but hell that's what it's about and was able to find everything that was needed. Now all I need is the boat to get her prepped garage is getting full and the wife wants her parking spot back

No use in guessing anymore. I just went to marina to check on the boat and there is at least 12' of snow down each side can't even see the trailer. 

2 plows trucks and almost 3 hours of moving snow last week. we cleared the parking lot where the boat is stored all the way to the launch location! then Dug out and plowed the crane lift out. Getting very antsy to get out there.

Yep that's a why the ice fishing stuff got put away last weekend and then took my road trip for tackle this weekend and then next weekend to Brewerton for the Lotsa swap meet and hopefully they will have dug the boats out by then cause I don't have a back hoe to get between the 2 boats on either side on mine.

Last Friday I spent 3 1/2 hrs moving snow with tractor blower and a little loader bucket to find 10"s of ice under the snow, tires and blocks froze solid. Today I was able to get the blocks out and all the ice away from the tires, really melted fast, this week going over wheel bearings, seals and breaks. Hopefully a good waxing yet, in a couple of weeks fire the old girl up and if no gremlins found a home should be race ready!!! God I can't wait to do this, after buying this boat I had one problem after another and two back surgeries I've been on hold for 3 years, not hell or high water is going to get in the way this year, even my daughter asked if she can go, I said absolutely chickadee. I don't know if it's the daylight savings time or what but I have endless energy, of course for my kind of stuff. On a side note I went through more gas this winter clearing my driveway than I did last summer mowing grass, that's just wrong!!! This Tuesday evening into Wednesday morning they are calling for sleet and freezing rain, and a friend of my wife's is a weather predictor for the farmers almanac and he claims up to a foot of snow on the 14th&15th of March, this year he has been spot on with the forecast as the amounts, we really didn't get a lot at one time but 3-4"s every Sunday into Monday that has accumulated to the 23"s in the yard and 3ft a long the sides of the driveway. I'm going to say the end of the 3rd week of April for us eastern side guys, I hope I'm wrong, might have to put in at B&J Bait and run the river out into the bay if Henderson is still locked up. I don't like the state launch at Chaumont for my boat, I'd rather make the run fuel is cheaper than a new prop. LOL. Either way I hope it's soon this has been a looong winter and we all need a break from being cooped up for 4 months. Hope to see you guys on the water soon!!! OHH one more thing what channel are you guys on mostly, I remember something about a LOU channel did that ever pan out, thanks guys. PAP

I went to the I-Bay outlet today and lo and behold.The lake has open water as far as the eye can see!! There is open water in the channel all the way up to the northern concrete bridge support. I think that the melt this week will blow the channel open all the way to the ramp. God willing we'll be out brown fishing by the end of the week!!

I was heading to boat this morning driving down durand beach and saw alot of open water also - shore ice still protruding out along beach......soon very soon!

I tell you what I hope that is true. I took a drive yesterday all the way out to Olcott and there are icebergs down at that end of the lake as far as the eye can see. The worst of the ice was in the current from the Niagra but man was there a lot of ice on that lake. Be careful to everyone that does go out this week.

Patriot Try to be a little more optimistic. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Seems every day for the past 3 weeks I've been watching the weather there, it's been snowing.

It's awesome how much Lake O has changed in just the past several days. As little as a week ago I wasn't feeling very optimistic, but now it all looks very encouraging for an ice out. While the overall Ice cover surpassed last year, the big difference is that it's over 30% thinner ice than 2014. We had a very cold March last year also, and this March is predicted to be much warmer. It won't be long at all boys !!! Mexico bay is still thick, but damn the lake is opening up fast. Looks like I got caught napping and Lady O will be ready before I am.

Long tail blackbirds showed up at house this morning! Saw a road kill woodchuck on way to office this morning. Calling for 60's in central Jersey on Wednesday. Let's hope we've turned the corner!!!!

Same here! Drove past a road kill woodchuck out in Schuyler yesterday I just figured he couldn't take winter anymore and killed himself :)

I saw my first robin yesterday first he was sitting on the front rail of the boat then he hopped off and starting eating snow? No water I guess. Your right the groundhog probably committed hairy cairy with the site of one more snowflake

Yah everyone can see and hear the difference. Birds are singing, animals are moving more. Seen a fox hopping around in field for mice this morning and and also had a raccoon walk across yard not to mention all the squirr language running around. But the long term forecast is still saying more snow to come. Sorry

My poor wife just today keeps asking me what's wrong. I can't sit still, with the sun out and the warm temps I have been pacing around the house, been in and out at least 100x and even went as far as counting how many spoons and flashers and stick airs I have. I am going nuts wanting to get that boat home or at least out so I can do some work on it. She just left the house and said call me when you calm down and I will be back.

worked on boat today down by the genny.... Snow compacting and melting and river up to about old fast ferry building. A lot clearer than the other day.