Rod holder trees. opinions wanted

Hey guys, finishing up my Penn Yann intruder for spring. I've decided to go with trees for the planer board rods to keep the gunnels a little cleaner.  Im deciding between the Great lakes planer trees, and the big jon multi set trees.

The great lakes holders have fixed angles, and the big jons adjust.  Do any of you guys who run these have a preference? The price difference is about $125 bucks per side, not sure if its money well spent or not. 

Any opinions appreciated. 

I have the GLP vertical quad trees and I have never wanted to change the angle of the rod holder. I love being able to un-twist and rotate and lock back in.  I can literally hang off these rod holders, they are super strong, If you want to add a couple different angles he has some you can. I might buy a couple 0* holders for my dipsy rods but they aren't necessary.

I have never  used the big jons, I don't know of their durability I am only basing my decision off my experience of the GLP products.  Not to mention customer service with GLP is fantastic.

Edited by Chas0218

I'm a firm believer in the Traxstech trees....  the 2, 3 or 4 rod trees  the tree rotates as well as the rod holders angle down www.traxstech.com

either way if interested and you decide to go Great Lakes Planers i have a 3 rod pair of trees in like new condition

Good luck with your decision

SD;

I second the Traxtech trees, I have had a triple set on each side of my Hewescraft for 2 seasons now, & would not leave the dock without them. They ratchet 180 degrees & have rod straps if you want to put the rod tips in the water & not worry about loosing a rod.

Good luck with which ever brand you choose.

John