Boat launch near Sylvan Beach?

Marion Manor is your best bet. Puts you right in at Fish Creek which can be good for the 'eyes. It used to be a 10 dollar fee to launch. It was never a great launch. A bit tight but it works. There used to be a free dirt launch under the bridge right there also. Used to go there all the times to fish fish creek. Good luck!

Good info to know. I have not been up there in years.

I took my g/f to Eddie's for lunch and afterwards took a ride around and noticed the launch was blocked off by big bolders. Someone (MM?) must have complained they weren't getting enough money. :devil::devil: :evil:

There are also two (3) launches in the canal at Sylvan Beach. One on the south/east side of the canal just before you go over the bridge and two on the north side. Skinners Harbor (or what ever name it is now) and a small single dirt launch just East of Skinners. They all have a launch fee and not sure what it costs now. The Indians own two of them and if they are only $10.00 you'll be lucky.

BTW, Fish Creek runs off the canal up about a mile from the lake so if your planning on fishing there it would maybe be cheeper to launch at the canal rather than burn the gas to motor up from Marion Manor.

Luck to all.

Stinger, that launch under the bridge at Sylvan Beach is the one that's blocked now.

Roger that, Musky. That one (on the South West side) has been closed at least 5 years now. Not one of the launches that I referred to in the above post.

The only "public" launches I know of towards the east end are South Shore (between Bridgeport and Lakeport) and Godfrey Point. These are both state launches and are free. I use South Shore.. it's not bad unless there's a strong north wind. Just don't hug the island on you're way out.. and stay trimmed up for the first few hundred feet! It's easy to drive by the road to it, but there is a brown DEC sign on the south side of the road that blends in well with the foilage. If you're going there this weekend.. get there early! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)