Lost my boy yesterday

Anyone who is a serious waterfowler can appreciate a good retriever. Especially if you trained him yourself since he was a pup. For 13 years my chocolate lab Parker patrolled my house, chased rabbits out of my yard, and made countless retrieves of puddle ducks, divers, and sea ducks. Yesterday Parker passed away in his sleep at my home. His passing was unexpected to say the least. Waterfowling will never be the same for me.... Just remember, dogs are only around for a small portion of our lives. We are around for their entire life. Calm seas, light winds, and big flocks of Cans for you pal.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-139783-14260341363384_thumb.jpg

post-139783-14260341552968_thumb.jpg

post-139783-14260341789143_thumb.jpg

post-139783-14260341922671_thumb.jpg

post-139783-14260342184156_thumb.jpg

post-139783-14260342360484_thumb.jpg

Lost our dog three years ago and still miss him greatly. Sorry to hear about yours but it looks like he had a full life and that is what counts.

Sorry to here about Parker. We lost our Cooper, a male black lab about a year ago. Your right, its sad that they are only part of our lives or a short time. They will live on in our hearts forever.

Our vet told us a story about the rainbow bridge. Its the place in heaven where our pets go after they pass on. Its a place where they can run and play and do all their favorite things. They are waiting there until its our time to pass on and reunite with them when we cross the rainbow bridge. For now we can remember them and tell all the great stories and times we had with them. We will see our pals again some day in heaven. 

Sorry about Parker Matt. Losing a dog is hard enough but especially when he is not just your home companion but shares your time in the fields.

I feel your pain as I lost both of my Chocolates in recent years. Just put my upland bird vest and bibs out in the tag sale stuff and sold the gun 2 years ago. I just couldn't go hunting without them again. I look at their picture everyday and can't believe they're gone. They were 12 and 13 yo when they passed.

A friend sent me this when I lost mine, maybe it will help.

Total Chaos

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

•  

Sorry to hear this year Matt, they become part of our lives and get treated better than some of own family, it truly shows he lived a great life and was well loved by you and others, whom I sure feel some what the same. I'm sure like posted above he is retrieving birds as you read this. I feel your pain as I had two of my beagles drove over by the same person that never stopped, that was the end of my hunting with my dogs, it's getting to built up around here, isn't like it used to be. Now we have a beagle that is spoiled rotten, in the house dog, my daughters wanted a dog, he's five now as the girls are ten and buddy I don't want that day to ever come, this house won't be the same. Again sorry for your loss PAP.

Hey Matt,

We had to put Java down at 14 last year because her hips went. Many good years of crackerjack retrieving and the fun of training. Never to be forgotten. I feel your pain.

Sorry for your loss! The worst day of my life is when i had to put my black lab down. She meant the world to me. She was always by my side and still in my heart

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Matt, I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  Hang in there.  We haven't met but we had class together many years ago at MCC and we've talked here and there through the years.  I never did take the chance to thank you for all that I've learned from you through the years through talking, your posts etc.  You are a great sportsman and, again, sorry for your loss.  Larry- I fish on Jack's boat "JLOGGER" on the Thompson Gunner out of the Bay. 

Thanks for the kind words guys....never been much for people, but dogs are a different story. I want to thank Paul Harris funeral home and Pets at Peace for allowing my family to say goodbye today. My boy was cremated and i will scatter his ashes at our favorite hunting spot.....thanks again boys, and lets get those rigs ready. Spring just kicked the front door down.

post-139783-14261128792118_thumb.jpg

Sorry for your loss, I have a black lab that I trained since she was a pup and duck hunt with, she will be 5. I am not looking forward to that day that every pet owner dreads. You just have to make the best with the time you are given and it clearly looks like you did.

Tomy

Tomy.... Shes 5? Thats prime time man... I will never forget seeing my boy jump out of my duck boat, swim down a drake old squaw ,and dive underwater for the grab. Jaques Cousteau had nothing on that pooch. Enjoy every day with her....