Lost my boy yesterday

My memory no matter what she does going forward was when I took her out for her first season (late season) and we dropped a goose about a 100 yards out, she swam all the way out and brought it right to my feet. She was nine months old. The bird was too heavy for her to lift her head once she got to shore, it was great.

Lol....my boy hated geese... He would always grab them by the neck and try to drown them or he would just swing them around till the necks broke. It was brutal to watch. Ive never seen a dog do that before.... Had him out to North Dakota also. He chased a crippled goose across a cut field into a dried up pond... The cat tails were over my head. By the time i caught up to him, he was barking his nuts off and a freakin cow moose came flying out of the cattails.... 2 seconds later . here comes Parker with the goose....minus a head..lol... He was a one in a million dog. I was lucky to be his human...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hi Matt, sorry about Parker, I know how hard it is to lose a buddy like that. I don't know if this is your first or not but I'v had to do it 3 times already. They say there is a rainbow up there that all dogs go to and play and wait for us when we go. I still haven't forgotten how it hurts when that time comes. They say time heals but I don't know and it still hurts. Were lucky people that have those kind of buddies who stick right by our sides and do what ever we ask them to do with a lot of trust. Be good my friend and never forget.

Bob

The Advocate

Charters  

Well, MATT...what a loss !  And what extraordinary memories. These dogs we spend time with in the field become transformed into a salvation of sorts, and only those who have experienced the phenomenom can relate. I lost my beagle over fifteen years ago and remember her to this day. She would retrieve rabbits from the thorns where I had no prayer of getting to it. She would never run off and would bring the animal around as many times as I needed. I remember being on my belly in deep snow  because it was the only way I could see through and up about two feet....took her three rounds and we were done. WOW, all alone with Sushi,  from Sam Bazoo of Leroy, NY.

post-142966-0-42404100-1426288578_thumb.jpg    So sorry for your loss . I lost my buddy [ Tater ] last fall . He was a great bird dog . I think of him everyday and even though 6 months have passed I still get sad. It does get easier but I will never forget him as he was my first bird dog. I have hung up my upland gear as well, but someday I hope to get it out again with a new pup. I hope you and your families pain lasts a short time, and I wish you the best. It is truly amazing how something who can't even talk become such a huge part of you. I would give anything for one more day with my bud {Tater}. My situation was very sudden and unexpected as well.

So I know and feel your pain.  

Edited by fishinfreak

Sorry to hear that Matt.  My Yellow Lab Kenai just turned 9 and you can see the hands of time slowing him down physically but the heart of these dogs never waivers.  We ALL hold on to the outstanding memories of the past where they will live in our hearts forever, hopefully they can help to sustain you through this difficult time.

DJ

Matt,

So sorry to hear you lost your lab.Wed had three over the last 35 years an it is hard.I thought I might loss my female Tasha 9 yrs as she developed a fast growing mammary tumor.We took her in and had the works done so hopefully we caught it in timeI don't know what caused your dogs death sometimes it happens that way,my son's lab Taz passed away quickly also.

Cancer treatment for dogs  has come along way but while expensive is well worth itThe best advice is to learn the warning signs before and more dogs could be saved.

You'll met your lab someday at the Rainbow Bridge where all dogs wait for their master.