Chinook Diver?

I went to the site, does he have a dive chart for these divers? Might try the smaller sizes like the 2 3/4 ones for eyes, also how does the trip mechanism work hard to see on the pics. Thanks for any input.

They seem to work pretty good, only thing that I had to do after several break offs, was to use a steel leader coming off the back.  For what ever reason the first 3 - 4 inches would get scuffed up on the leader side that connects to the diver.  Not sure if anyone else was seeing that.

I went to the site, does he have a dive chart for these divers? Might try the smaller sizes like the 2 3/4 ones for eyes, also how does the trip mechanism work hard to see on the pics. Thanks for any input.

The trip mechanism works just like a LJ Dipsey except it is all metal, there's not any plastic. They seem to be more consistent once you get the trip pressure adjusted and the weights stay where you put them.

I haven't had any problems with the leader getting scuffed up but I could see how it could happen if they spin at all when you're deploying them. They are all stainless steel so the outer edges can be a little sharp. I let them creep out against the drag so they go out slow, you wouldn't want to power drop them.

They seem to work pretty good, only thing that I had to do after several break offs, was to use a steel leader coming off the back. For what ever reason the first 3 - 4 inches would get scuffed up on the leader side that connects to the diver. Not sure if anyone else was seeing that.

I did have the same problem how we resolve that was take ring of the back and use a snap swivel Edited by Prays mate

They seem to work pretty good, only thing that I had to do after several break offs, was to use a steel leader coming off the back.  For what ever reason the first 3 - 4 inches would get scuffed up on the leader side that connects to the diver.  Not sure if anyone else was seeing that.

I had some similar problems. I had a few break offs on the bait side about three inches from the diver a few times. I probably let the line out a little too quick, but the edges of those divers give no mercy if your line rubs on them. I am even careful when they are out of the water not to let the line rub on the edge. I am going to take a file to the edges this year and get rid of the sharpness. The steel leader idea is a good one too. Nothing worse than pulling a diver in to realize that you were dragging nothing but 3 inches of line behind it for an hour. Other than that, they work pretty good.

Edited by jlogger

I had some similar problems. I had a few break offs on the bait side about three inches from the diver a few times. I probably let the line out a little too quick, but the edges of those divers give no mercy if your line rubs on them. I am even careful when they are out of the water not to let the line rub on the edge. I am going to take a file to the edges this year and get rid of the sharpness. The steel leader idea is a good one too. Nothing worse than pulling a diver in to realize that you were dragging nothing but 3 inches of line behind it for an hour. Other than that, they work pretty good.

Maybe some super fine sandpaper would work for the edges, get a nice rounded edge

Sounds like they need to tumble the diver blanks in an abrasive media prior to assembly.  Should be able to accomplish the same thing using successively finer grades of metal finishing sandpaper till smooth (100, 180 & 220).

John

Some good ideas guys, although I took so much time in trying to find out why the thing could spin, I let it out gingerly a few times etc, I just cant figure out the whys of how the thing could spin or catch the leader to cause the abrasion if you know what I mean, Gill I hear ya on the snubber and yes that would work, but I got away from them with all of the hub bub with lost fish etc.  Hate to go back if you know what I mean.  Don't get me wrong, Chinooks are going out on the sides here a few months, I just remember the earlier post about reeling up the diver and seeing just a 3-4 inch piece of leader.......

Kind of hard to read but here

post-143614-0-03708900-1426099588_thumb.jpg

We did look at the website shipping information and found that our web designer incorrectly entered shipping cost against the new black diver.  We will send you a refund through pay pal when we ship tomorrow.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

Happy Fishing!

i noticed on the store page that they sell replacements weights for the divers. Do the weights have a tendacy to fall off? they look good and im thinking about trying them just looking for all info

Hello 'Bout Time II,

We sell extra weights primarily so you can run a diver straight down the middle, behind the boat.  My recommendation is to run 2 of the next smaller weights to the left and right of the release latch on the diver.  for the #1 and #2 divers,  you would use the same size weight.

Also, Fishermen are fishermen, and sometimes we like to try different weights.  we feel the weight included with the diver is the "proper" weight,  But have ourselves played around with the weights!

From time to time, someone does drop a weight or strip the threads due to over-tightening the weight when moving the weight setting.  Please remember, it's just lead.

Happy Fishing!

They seem to work pretty good, only thing that I had to do after several break offs, was to use a steel leader coming off the back.  For what ever reason the first 3 - 4 inches would get scuffed up on the leader side that connects to the diver.  Not sure

In answer to your concerns we recommend before letting the diver out make sure the line is not wrapped around the fin (rudder) when it hits the water (letting the diver out slower is always better).  Another option is to attach a  6" wire leader at the diver's fin (rudder).   This should prevent the line from break offs.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention.