When Kings are actively feeding on bait it typically means that the bait is getting pushed upwards in the water column and out of its preferred water temp. Chasing fish with your fish finder and putting baits where they are is the right answer. No matter what water temp is showing you. 

Thanks for the replies , Yankee , you're too funny !!But good advice !

Had a couple instances last summer where we'd find them on bait and would get one or two in the boat , try the same setup's on the next pass or two and couldn't pull them off the bait . Tried different setup's and left and came back to have no hits even though they were hammering the bait, S.O.L. I guess . So that's why I asked .

So in their face it is !

Put it in their face agreed! BUT also drop an offering down deeper also - catch the big lazy fat one that dont wanna move. that way ya double dipping get quality and quanity :lol:

Edited by KING ME

if you are on feeding fish and bait i would concentrate more on your speed and offerings (some times just a subtle color change in lures or your speed makes a HUGE difference).

Also agree to always have one rod in the ICE water. it may not fire as often but this will usually be your biggest fish

Edited by bout time

A good way to check your speed is to do "S Turns" with the boat.  By slowly turning back and forth, it changest the speed of the lures.  Lures on the inside of the turn will slow down, and lures on the outside of the turn will speed up.  If you do that and happen to catch a fish or two on an outside line, try speeding the boat up slightly and see if it makes a difference.