I drove down the parkway west of Rochester a bit yesterday and there is still a decent amount of shore ice and floating icebergs. The smaller tribs locked up pretty well, not sure about some of the larger ones but my guess is very limited open water.  We are heading the right direction now but not quite there yet.

I went to genessee boat launch off of lake ave two days ago. Open water up the port of Rochester building. I would think all this melt is going to get the river raging, which should help alot. I'll be at the lunch Saturday to take another peak. Over 50 degrees tomorrow and rain on Saturday. I'm hopeful for next weekend to squeeze out. Sandy creek was froze to the mouth also two days ago but I would think that would clear out fast also.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Considering the winter we have been having the ice is melting/breaking up at a rate I am pretty happy with.  My cabin fever however is not as impressed!  Hopefully we can all get out there and get our lines in water soon.

How did they fish the warm water? Have to stay a mile from the property. Also do you still have to have a town resident permit to launch? Used to be they give you a ticket if you are parked in the creek area or across the road at the water treatment plant.

How did they fish the warm water? Have to stay a mile from the property. Also do you still have to have a town resident permit to launch? Used to be they give you a ticket if you are parked in the creek area or across the road at the water treatment plant.

Yes u are suppose to stay a good distance away. The big buoys aren't up yet. There are some small buoys out. they were a bit past where they should a been... Watched an eagle grab a 3-4 lb brown out of the discharge this morning!

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by machzrcr

I grew up ¾ mile down the lake from the plant. We would buy up the pike bait after season close on 3/15 from the bait shop and anchor in the fast water just after ice out with 9' fly rods and drift those minnows and absolutely kill the trout and salmon stacked in there. Bass fishing in the summer was incredible. Wish it was still accessible.

Some guys over the weekend shoveled out Bear Creek Launch in Ontario and were fishing the warm waters of Ginna. Heard they did well. :)

I saw them out there! True die hards. There were still large chunks of ice floating around