long range rifle range?

Hookedup

Hi folks, Anyone know of a good rifle range in NY or northern PA with a 500 yard plus range? Looking for a spot to shoot this summer out to 1000yds. To much development around my farm to shoot that far anymore. Thanks Sean

Edited by Hookedup

What kind of gun (and scope) are you planning to shoot to that distance with?  Just curious, i've always wanted to experiment out to that distance with my 30-06, but i don't have a powerful enough scope on it to even see a target at that distance right now lol.

What kind of gun (and scope) are you planning to shoot to that distance with? Just curious, i've always wanted to experiment out to that distance with my 30-06, but i don't have a powerful enough scope on it to even see a target at that distance right now lol.

Thanks for info guys. I am having a 300 mag built right now. Any good glass, with adjustable turrets will get you out a hell of a long ways. I'm using a huskemaw but leupold, night force and others all fit the bill. Great ammo and a gun that shoots sub moa at 200 yds is a great start. Then lots of practice I'm lucky to have a lot of shooting time under my belt. Its just hard in our area to find spots to shoot long range.

Edited by Hookedup

If your planning on a western hunt practicing for long range shooting (200-500yds) is difficult in western NY,  If you don't find a spot here plan on going out early.  There are plenty of open spaces and ranges out there.  when I was younger and able to climb those mountians we practiced out to 500 yds. it was such a confidence builder seeing where your bullet hits instead of using ballistic charts. Your're definitely going to get those shots out there. But don't shoot beyond what you are comfortable with.

Sean,

Our lease in Owego has 1000+ yard shooting. Id be happy to meet up with you and shoot this summer. I usually only shoot to about 800 as Im using a 25wssm which is a bit light to shoot beyond that unless its very calm. My favorite is to use 12-24 inch balloons scattered around at different ranges. I havent shot much last couple years because we are up at the lake, but I was planning on making some time during the week this year.

Sean,

Our lease in Owego has 1000+ yard shooting. Id be happy to meet up with you and shoot this summer. I usually only shoot to about 800 as Im using a 25wssm which is a bit light to shoot beyond that unless its very calm. My favorite is to use 12-24 inch balloons scattered around at different ranges. I havent shot much last couple years because we are up at the lake, but I was planning on making some time during the week this year.

Thanks for that I will have to take you up on that offer! I have a couple steel targets rated for up to 50 cal that I could set up for you. Sean

One of the guys in my lease just picked up a Barrett 50 bmg and has a Sako in 338. He lives in Tennessee, but comes up to visit at least once during the summer. It would be a ball to get together and do some serious shooting. I have room to shoot the Barrett about a mile!