Hello everyone!

Hi all! I'm a long time lurker, first time poster and look forward to getting to know people here and learn as much as I can. I've have been a boater for years, spending most of my time during the summer living on my Carver Mariner 28 flybridge on Keuka Lake. I grew up fishing often with my farmer grandfather for Northern Pike and rivers for salmon in the fall. I introduced my now 7 year old son to fishing the docks for panfish at 2 years old. He instantly became infatuated and still has a rod in his hand almost constantly. The owner of our marina started taking us out trolling for trout and we loved it, so I started looking for an outboard powered islander type boat as I've wanted one for years for trips on the canal. Amazingly, a guy I work with had exactly what I was looking for and was ready to part with it for a very reasonable price. I did a partial restoration on it, a different outboard and a kicker along with as much fishing equipment as I could, and we were able to fish all summer, We had a blast and made some great memories, and even took first place in our first tournament. We are looking forward to adding more used/new equipment and spending some more quality time on the water. I have included pics of both of my boats and my son with our first place fish.post-157583-0-02914900-1426439770_thumb.jpgpost-157583-0-95954100-1426439874_thumb.jpegpost-157583-0-38291200-1426439838_thumb.jpgpost-157583-0-46882900-1426439801_thumb.jpg

welcome aboard,there is alot of great fisherman on this site to learn from and remember its give and take.you read and learn,dont be afraid to post your experiences,knowledge,and fishing reports.