With less ice cover on the Great Lakes this past winter, I think we will have a better year trolling this year, meaning Lake O. will have a chance to set up in a more predictable pattern. What does everyone else think?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The proof will be in the pudding!!!! I think you will have to think that this will be 2 years in the making, what was great for some was just the opposite for others, I personally hope it's a repeat of last year.

Similar to last year.  Smaller fish, higher in the water column fishing, lots of leadcore, spoon bite.  The hope is we didn't lose the year class of Kings like last year.  Fishing was great last year for everything but kings on the west end.  50 fish in four hours of shoreline trolling, 35 lakers in 4 hours of trolling with two rods in.....these are crazy numbers that happened last year.  For me however, ........it all about the kings.

Sodus on the south side of the point had 19 inches of solid ice today.  The ice is not going anywhere fast.  In fact I bet I can get another 2 weeks of  ice fishing in this year.  Safe ice should last until the 2nd week of April this year in the major bays along Lake Ontario.  Right in time where tip-ups are no longer allowed.  Now I think last winter it was colder longer, but the month of February this year was the coldest on record.  March did not really warm us up at all.

Sodus on the south side of the point had 19 inches of solid ice today.  The ice is not going anywhere fast.  In fact I bet I can get another 2 weeks of  ice fishing in this year.  Safe ice should last until the 2nd week of April this year in the major bays along Lake Ontario.  Right in time where tip-ups are no longer allowed.  Now I think last winter it was colder longer, but the month of February this year was the coldest on record.  March did not really warm us up at all.

The long rang forecast up till April is supposed to be below average to just above freezing, that's for the entire North East. Of the country, just saw it on the weather channel!!