Couple of Coho rigs I just set up. What do you think?

I bought a tackle box at a yard sale, and the same set- up was in the bottom, of course this was a old box and the flashers were silver and the lure was a Canadian wriggler in frog color, come to find out the old guy used to fish the Finger Lakes.

The orange one looks good. I've never tried them with the flatfish style lure behind them.  What speed do you run them?

I have never tried the flatfish behind them either, but have heard of others that have had success with them.  I think I am supposed to go pretty slow, like 1.5 MPH with the flatfish.

Along the shore for early spring season I am running below 2 mph so a orange dodger like the Alderton model is in the water with a small fly.  When the cohos start to spread out away from the shore and we start targeting kings and increase our boat speed, the Alderton comes out and the orange baby spin doc goes in.

I wouldn't be reluctant to run orange with red dot Fire Plugs or the red ones or orange or red Hot n Tots either if you have them or can find them  They will tolerate speed a little better than the flatfish type lures.

Edited by Sk8man

Hey, thanks for all of the advice guys!!  I do have some of the little coho flies to throw on behind the dodgers, if the flatfish don't work, and I also have the little orange spin docs to try, too.  I don't even know if the area I will be fishing will have many cohos this time of year, but I thought it would be worth a try. Good luck on Lake Ontario this year, guys.  I hope the ice goes out soon for you guys!!  :yes:  :yes: