Does anybody fish Lake Erie for salmon & trout?

There are VERY, VERY, VERY few salmon in Lake Erie. To my knowledge, nobody stocks them anymore and what are in the lake are either migrants from Lake Huron or naturally reproduced fish from the Canadian side.

There was a 15# King taken out of Northeast, PA just last week while guys were laker fishing. That's the only one I know of so far this year.

Steelies are available right now but your best bet is probably offshore for them. Find a good temp break and work it...

The inshore steelie program is pretty much done now. Near shore water temps have climbed into the high 40s and fish have left, following the emerald shiners.

IF you want salmon and trout, GO TO LAKE O, it is just about money time in the western basin...

Rainbows and Brown trout are stocked in Lake Erie. Lake Trout are sometimes stocked by the Federal Agencys when they get there production on line. The browns are a usually found on the bottom where the temperature is right, rainbows stage in the water column where the bait are and the right temperatures are.

Rainbows and Brown trout are stocked in Lake Erie. Lake Trout are sometimes stocked by the Federal Agencys when they get there production on line. The browns are a usually found on the bottom where the temperature is right, rainbows stage in the water column where the bait are and the right temperatures are.

Thanks jimski2 I guess temperature is the key to finding the rainbows right know & whats the best approach for hooking into some of the browns on bottom?

Browns are a tough target. They are near shore now until the water temperatures reach into the 60's, then they stage near the bottom where the thermocline meets it. Stickbaits are usually used.