Lowrance auto pilot

bassman69767

Does anyone know anything about the new Lowrance autopilot system that links with the HDS units? Its only $999.00 in the Cabela's catalog. It looks pretty cool and its not that expensive especially if you already have an HDS unit.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

look around, you can get the AP for as low as $900. I have a gen II touch and have a Yamaha 4 stroke integrated. No need for Command link or gauges. I would think the integration of the AP should be easy and good.

I have been considering one myself and adding Hydraulic steering, approx. another $500

Did you do the cable steered version or the hydraulic? Seems pretty odd to me you can upgrade your steering for 500 and buy a 900 dollar auto pilot or buy the 1700 dollar cable version?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I would be very interested in how you like it.  I have a plan ready to install the hydraulic steering and get the Lowrance hydraulic AP.  I already have a Gen II touch.  If I hear some positive feedback, it will be kickoff time.

Just an FYI the release of the AP is currently not functional with the Touch graphs.  The info I have read is that there is a software issue and currently the keypad versions will operate the AP only.  Not sure what the timeline is but the Touch units are for sure not working right now with the AP units.

I would be very interested in how you like it.  I have a plan ready to install the hydraulic steering and get the Lowrance hydraulic AP.  I already have a Gen II touch.  If I hear some positive feedback, it will be kickoff time.