Boat insurance?

Xxx

I know this was gone over from time to time but I couldn't find the info I'm looking. I was wondering what for Ins. is the best for covering roadside assistance and what Ins. covers a sea tow, I hope I don't need it but you know the old saying, also can you get Ins. for the content that you have in the boat, riggers, poles, lures, and something towards a new one should you get in a accident. Does one company cover all this and what's the general amount of this insurance. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys PAP.

I have Allstate. To be honest I'm not even sure what all is covered. I only have them because I use them for everything else. I do know I have a certain limit on gear if I sink or something. But I have no idea about roadside assistance and know for sure I don't have seatow coverage. 

Thanks guys, I looked into progressive and it's like $230.00 without fishing gear, I didn't talk to anyone yet and boatus called and said I need to call them they couldn't give me a equote so going from there. PAP.

Thanks guys, I looked into progressive and it's like $230.00 without fishing gear, I didn't talk to anyone yet and boatus called and said I need to call them they couldn't give me a equote so going from there. PAP.

Pap,

Boat US covers me for seatow and roadside for trailering issues. It costs me about $85.00 a year. You are forced to buy a membership which gets you 15% discounts at Westmarine and BOAT magazine and that is included in the total price. However, to have that piece of mind on our lake is worth its weight in gold IMO. I've heard stories of a seatow costing up to $500.00 depending on distance to port.

I have separate liability and property insurance on my boat and belongings through Amica and that is much more - approximately $400.00/year.

Good luck,

Chris

Thanks momay4000, I've been looking into this before I make the treck north, since my back operation I can't due what I used to, so I need a piece of mind that I won't be stranded along the road, and the same with the boat once I'm on the water, to me it seems like a no brainier for someone like me. Thanks again guys really appreciate the help!! PAP

I have boat insurance and like 10,000 dollars in equipment coverage (which might almost cover it) for around 550 a year I think. No don't know what the deductible is. It is through progressive...

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sea tow doesn't operate on Lake o. Need boat us.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Good point - when I said "seatow" I didn't mean the company, just the act of towing your boat back to port.

Boatus on the water towing and roadside coverage is PRICELESS. I broke a wheel bearing and they towed it all, boat and trailer, no extra charges on a lowboy semi trailer. Best $85 I spent that year.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That's EXCACTLY what I wanted to hear guys, I've got to talk to boatus tomorro, they called to day and said they needed an underwriter to finish my deal, whatever that means. The whole ball of wax we $83 and change, but when I mentioned the fishing gear and riggers that's when she said about the underwriters?

I know this was gone over from time to time but I couldn't find the info I'm looking. I was wondering what for Ins. is the best for covering roadside assistance and what Ins. covers a sea tow, I hope I don't need it but you know the old saying, also can you get Ins. for the content that you have in the boat, riggers, poles, lures, and something towards a new one should you get in a accident. Does one company cover all this and what's the general amount of this insurance. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys PAP.

I have progressive for my boat. It includes Sea Tow

That's EXCACTLY what I wanted to hear guys, I've got to talk to boatus tomorro, they called to day and said they needed an underwriter to finish my deal, whatever that means. The whole ball of wax we $83 and change, but when I mentioned the fishing gear and riggers that's when she said about the underwriters?

PAP- Do you have Liability on your boat? That's probably the most important coverage you can have for it

I don't know how you folks got the Boat US insurance so cheap because they just quoted me $274 on my 18 ft Whaler for "Yacht policy" and $191 for the "Boat Saver" policy.

Edited by Sk8man

I've had Boat U.S. for several years. Equipment coverage and 500k liability. Cost is $400 per yr plus the membership fee. Never had to file a claim so can't speak to that. Easy installments. This is part of their guide program and covers everything. I searched everywhere and this policy seemed quite simple and this is what they specialize in. I also think my deductibles have been reduced significantly as there has been no claims.