Shakedown on Seneca with my son's new boat

I went last week to Towne Marine last week to pick up my son's new to him bass boat, a 21' Procraft with a Mercury 225 EFI. Yesterday we got a chance to put it on the water and run it a bit. We launched around 130 and played around near Lodi pt till 3. We brought a couple rods to try for perch, but we had so much fun running all Cody's gas that we never even opened a rod locker. I had never been on a boat like his and I was impressed. Even with a a few whitecaps it literally skipped along and we stayed bone dry. Im glad I dont have to put gas in it, but 60-70 mph is quite an experience. Next time though we'll have to try the perch...it was great just to be on the water.

Best of luck to your son with his new toy. 60-70.. geeze.. that's faster than your "toon". I rode in a friend's 22' Ranger with a 300 Yammy.. mid 80's.. way too fast for this old guy! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Guess that is a bit different than the pontoon Justin  might not want to have many lures in the water with that one :lol:

Ill take my toon to fish off from everytime! I wasnt comfortable with the speed either! My boat is set up to do any type of fishing Otisco has to offer and to bring guests...his boat is great for what he does. Im sure we'll be taking his boat when we are casting sticks at night together...especially if he gets a power-pole.

Congrats to the both of you, my best memories of my dad was when we were fishing off either my boat or his, like you I was always set up for eyes, and his was a all species boat, he was the run & gun type. Father and son trips we had were priceless. Best of luck with his new lake rocket PAP.

I was thinking the same thing! I love trolling but its a ton of work in the finger lakes with the weeds! If I dont have people to take out I will definitely get out on it alot...Cody can fish for bass and Ill fish for Tigers! Im gonna have to get a laker jigging lesson from Hermit because I think that would be fun with a bass boat. My toon is a bit of a pain to trailer and we end up staying on Otisco, but his boat is a piece of cake to trailer, launch, etc.

So cody's 2 elite 7 chirp units were delivered today and come to find out the sun covers dont come with the units. They are a $20 add on from lowrance. I cant believe a $700 dollar unit cant come with a 2 cent piece of plastic. Im gonna call tomorrow and make sure they know how I feel about it!!