Got a couple guys on some nice ADK pike

HybridHunter

A couple local younger guys were really after me this year to get them on some pike. I told them their best chance was the last week of the season. Both of them ended up getting their biggest pike yet, one of which beat his personal best both days. The first day, he caught an 18lber, and the second iced one that went 22.8lbs. The other guys was not so lucky, as we lost one of his that was 40"+ at the hole due to a poor hook set. He still caught a nice 13lber, that was his biggest fish yet. Overall, it was a pretty amazing two days pike fishing.

post-154569-14267005200377_thumb.jpgpost-154569-14267005525544_thumb.jpgpost-154569-14267005808792_thumb.jpg

Jay Davies

we lost one a couple years ago on fourth trolling that was well over 4 feet.have caught many over 30,never through the ice though.there are plenty of big lakers in there as well,but they are very hard to catch after spring.

Are gaffs legal on the Ice in NY. State? Must be, otherwise I'm sure they wouldn't be in the picture. Nice FISH!!!

If you must know, the only reason it was there was so I could reach down with the handle to get the line out of the groove the friction makes on the underside of the ice. I do not gaff any fish. I do not fish with people who gaff fish.

Jay Davies

we lost one a couple years ago on fourth trolling that was well over 4 feet.have caught many over 30,never through the ice though.there are plenty of big lakers in there as well,but they are very hard to catch after spring.

Sure it wasn't a tiger :)? That lake never ceases to amaze me. The lakers can be tough without the right expensive equipment once the water warms up. I usually get into a few good ones through the ice.

post-154569-14267172362163_thumb.jpg

Jay Davies

wasnt a tiger,we lost him cause he wouldnt fit in the net!!!!!when he flipped out he just layed there for a bit,so i got a good look at him.you can catch lakers fairly easy in the spring,but once the water warms and they start heading deep,its all over.pike are a little easier to target and find then lakers in the summer.

We release all of our northerns. Although we did get one this year that didnt make it got wrapped around a stump as normal and by the time we got her off the stump she had injured herself unfortunatly. But, she was 48" and in the upper 20's/low 30's in weight so she is going on my buddies wall

Edited by Adk1

We release all of our northerns. Although we did get one this year that didnt make it got wrapped around a stump as normal and by the time we got her off the stump she had injured herself unfortunatly. But, she was 48" and in the upper 20's/low 30's in weight so she is going on my buddies wall

That's a nice fish!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Anyone ever fish Cranberry Lake up there? My family owns a cabin up there and we always go up in the summer but we usually go up once a winter... I know there are massive pike in the lake I just struggle find them...

Anyone ever fish Cranberry Lake up there? My family owns a cabin up there and we always go up in the summer but we usually go up once a winter... I know there are massive pike in the lake I just struggle find them...

I have not, but location for particular times of year is key. Let me know when you plan to head up there next season and I'd be happy to help. Also, yes, there are big pike in there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app