No replies?? Well wind looks so so on Saturday morn so I am gonna give it a shot. I will keep all of ya posted. Does lake Ontario in the spring make anyone else feel like a kid on Christmas morning or is it just me?

Hahah yup. Wished I lived closer

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Dien to get out. Putting all new gear on the boat this year. Scotty riggers and new boards. Unfortunately I have to wait for IRONDQUOIT to the completely thaw. Have a 25ft sundancer and once she's in she's stays in for the season. Mother nature is NOT helping.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by fedxmann

Am I in an alternate universe? I drove up to the ibay launch last night and all the docks and immediate area are ice... How is anyone getting into the channel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Am I in an alternate universe? I drove up to the ibay launch last night and all the docks and immediate area are ice... How is anyone getting into the channel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Mad Perry - funny you should ask this question. I did the same thing yesterday and was near Mayer's (3/25/15) and there's still ice. Am I missing something, did something shift, what's the deal?

Glad it's not just me!

Chris

I went up Tuesday and it was open almost to the last channel markers.  Buddy went up Wednesday during the day and he said it looked like the ice from the bay was blown over.  It has also been cold at night so may have some skim ice in there as well. 

I went up Tuesday and it was open almost to the last channel markers.  Buddy went up Wednesday during the day and he said it looked like the ice from the bay was blown over.  It has also been cold at night so may have some skim ice in there as well. 

This is a great post and can illustrate how the open water can change in a heartbeat. I was there WEdnesday afternoon and it was iced up

Fishing soon my buddies have been out for over a week now on the west end killing the Browns with a few steelies mixed in and here I am starring at my boat in the back of a lot where nobody has even shown up to so I can get access to it. My other buddy called the other shop in Canandaigua and they told him they wouldn't be to Irondequoit til mid April. If I can't get to my boat by Wednesday I am cutting the lock and moving every boat so I can pull mine out to work on it. It's bull cause I told them i. The fall I would be there early to get and already paid for this whole year cmon people.