Trout and salmon diary program. Questions.

I don't know if they use those numbers in their reports, but it wouldn't hurt to at least do one for your summer laker trips and ask when you request the diary if they would use any trib info or not. When you fill out the diary you record where each fish is caught, so they would be able to separate them easily.

If you call the DEC region office for your region they will answer your questions and send you your books along with instructions. The angler diaries are a lot of work if you fish alot, but it's one of the few ways to help the DEC manage our fisheries, and I think keeping a log has helped my fishing alot. I keep track of a lot more detail than they ask for then transfer the info they are after into the books.

I have had an email in to Brad Hammers (DEC) since Jeff asked the question....haven't heard back yet. I have always been under the assumption that only the lakes proper were to be recorded. Hopefully he will answer back today as I leave in the AM for Florida.

I have had an email in to Brad Hammers (DEC) since Jeff asked the question....haven't heard back yet. I have always been under the assumption that only the lakes proper were to be recorded. Hopefully he will answer back today as I leave in the AM for Florida.

Thanks Les. Enjoy Florida!

If you call the DEC region office for your region they will answer your questions and send you your books along with instructions. The angler diaries are a lot of work if you fish alot, but it's one of the few ways to help the DEC manage our fisheries, and I think keeping a log has helped my fishing alot. I keep track of a lot more detail than they ask for then transfer the info they are after into the books.

Thanks I will put a call in when I get the chance. I know the diary is helpful to both the angler and DEC. I fish with John Gaulke at least once a year for lake trout and he is usually recording all of his trips as well, I can definitely see where it could help to make you a better angler.

I just spoke with one of the guys in the Wildlife Division because nobody was at the Fisheries section. I had forgotten they are shocking at Cold Brook today so I guess I won't find out until I get back Jeff....you might ant to give Brad Hammers a call at P: 585-226-5344 

Tried to get a diary for Catharine. Biologist told me they don't have one for the tribs. I told him what a shame they don't . He agreed. Got a waneta Lamoka diary tho. I'm gonna do one anyway and send it to them come December.

Tried to get a diary for Catharine. Biologist told me they don't have one for the tribs. I told him what a shame they don't . He agreed. Got a waneta Lamoka diary tho. I'm gonna do one anyway and send it to them come December.

That sucks. I'll record for my own use. See you on the creek dude.