Chinook Salmon "Naturalized" (No Donations Please)

Looks like the boys on Spoonpullers put your link to this petition up Chad. 

I put that up.  I hope to prompt someone over there to do the same. 

Edited by Gill-T

724 views and 62 signed...I dont get it...seems like a no brainer! I cant think of a reason we as sportsman wouldnt want this.

I don't think people fully understand some of the undercurrents working against the king program.  Nobody should take it for granted.  I was warned by people who know more than me so I decided to investigate myself.  After talking to officials in the DEC, USGS, USFW, charter captains, and other stakeholders my eyes have been opened.

Well if the sportsmen who enjoy the kings wont stand up for them it wont be too tough for those against the king salmon program to make cuts. Everyone likes to complain about the DEC etc, but yet they wont sign a petition and participate. I would have thought you would have a thousand signatures by now. Post a pic of a salmon caught on a trib and everyone comes out of the woodwork to crucify the poster....ask for people to sign a petition to protect the very same fish and nobody bothers.

If anyone has a facebook page you could share it too.

I don't do facebook or twitter so if anyone would like to take the initiative ......great!  I think you can do it right from the petition site.  Lets see if this thing gets traction.  I want to have a healthy amount of signatures before I take it to the next step which is addressing state officials.

Edited by Gill-T

I see a lot of charter captain's names absent from the list of names on the petition.  Interesting that there are more views on the Genesee County tackle swap thread then this issue.

I hope this works out may also pay to get the power that be e-mail....write up what you think and post it here where we can fill their e-mail box....... they would know we are REAL people more so ...... help in anyway you you can everyone....