Sold / Closed Islander HardTop

fish-on

DJ 717 That's not even clean, I just pulled it out and took pics, Covered it back up, I clean this boat after every trip it takes, A clean boat is a friendly boat. Thanks Dennise, Hope to fish with you guys up to Fair Haven here soon. Adk1, I take that as a complement, Thanks, Floor had a soft spot in it, Tore the floor out, Took the old water soaked foam out, Took the dash walls out, Basically stripped the boat from under the dash back, I did. I put new gas lines in, New floatation foam back in, New aluminum walls where the dash is, Aluminum flooring, Your stringers are aluminum, It took me 3 weeks to do this. Why I did this, Because it was cheaper than using plywood, Stronger, lighter, To do it with wood , Rivets, Glue, vinyl, Fiberglass, Resin to seal the wood properly costs more, And besides it'll never rot, One and done. Looks good and no it's not hot when the sun shines on it, Not slippery either in the spring when it gets frost on it from those frosty mornings fishing out of Mexico Bay. And Crazy Eddie, Keep your peanut donuts out, He loves to buy them for the kids, He knows I hate that, Peanut crumbs allover the place, Thanks Guys

• 2 weeks later...

They usually do not last long.

I have no plans of selling mine any time soon.

I've always liked them, and Lund Genmar's as well.

New rag top going on mine in the next week or so, at Northeast Trim, Oneida NY.

They put a real nice top on my other boat years ago.

The guy that built the last one for the Starcraft, at Oneida Lake Marina, must have been drunk.........

If anyone gets a chance to go there, for that type of work,............pass on that.

They usually do not last long.

I have no plans of selling mine any time soon.

I've always liked them, and Lund Genmar's as well.

New rag top going on mine in the next week or so, at Northeast Trim, Oneida NY.

They put a real nice top on my other boat years ago.

The guy that built the last one for the Starcraft, at Oneida Lake Marina, must have been drunk.........

If anyone gets a chance to go there, for that type of work,............pass on that.

I have a top on mine, its kind of a PITA when you do not want to use it though as I have to remove it, roll it up and lay it behind/on engine cover. I would like to get some support brackets that will support the top and be able to leave it rolled up without having to take it down entirely.