Bay Rats

Yeah that is the plan. Couldn't make it work last year but this year I am going to if it kills me. Will watch the board to see when the action is good and make a trip

Paul those things better be the cats meow, especially now the secret is out. I just spent a good portion of my tackle budget with Greg at ASB and then talked with Jerry at Bay Rat and decided to have them make me some custom stuff which might work out and become part of there line up. Great people to work with and willing to try anything that looks good.

Paul those things better be the cats meow, especially now the secret is out. I just spent a good portion of my tackle budget with Greg at ASB and then talked with Jerry at Bay Rat and decided to have them make me some custom stuff which might work out and become part of there line up. Great people to work with and willing to try anything that looks good.

We ran them on Browns last spring and they out fished my thundersticks and rapalas. I took kings and cohos with them all through May in Niagara. Most durable and versatile plug I've ever run and they are made ENTIRELY in the USA.

They will do fine for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yup I hear great things about them. I actually broke down and got some today. Man I need to put a spending lock on my wallet. Good thing I did it with a credit card so I didn't have to pay for it..........

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yup I hear great things about them. I actually broke down and got some today. Man I need to put a spending lock on my wallet. Good thing I did it with a credit card so I didn't have to pay for it..........

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

But that leaves a paper trail that the wife can find !!

I was wondering the same thing Brian! You must be one hell of a sweet talker to get em to hold on all the way to the net with no hooks! :yes::yes:

I should have qualified my initial post by saying that the baits pictures were special prototypes I am field testing. They contain tannerite. Designed for those short biting Browns and Kings, the slightest smack causes the tannerite to explode---killing the fish. No hooks needed.

I figure it will also fix that annoying fishing buddy that has to rummage through your boxes "just looking". 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like everybody is trying to copy ReefRunners........ The only bait you need.

Seriously, for Browns, does it really matter? Hell, we've caught them on cigarette butts at Slater creek in the past.

These actually remind me of the pre Rapala storm molds.

Reef runners are more of a summer lure for me, the curved body makes the wiggle tighter. I have been more productive with stick baits that have a wider wobble.

Sent from my thinking chair...

Edited by Chas0218

These baits have a wide slow wobble look nothing like a reef in the water and defiantly not a copy due to fact of not having to return after every fish

MXZ:

Wondering what you meant by not having to return after every fish? Did you mean retune?

John

Edited by Iceman