Bay Rats

Just order some of the long shallow and short shallow. How deep do these dive lets say with 100ft of 12lb test at a speed of 2.5mph? Specs say 1-7 feet which is a wide range.

You will want to run them shorter than you would run a Thunderstick or even a rapala. 75' is good if fishing 8 fow.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

We run 15lb mono with a 20' 10lb Fluoro leader in the Spring. We bang bottom in 7' with this line set-up 100' back. I keep them on my outside board when I'm on the shoreline.

The bright stuff, specifically the orange and red, will be dynamite for Spring Coho up West!

I decided to try a couple and can honestly say so far this season the glow green frog and standard green frog for me has taken more hits (nearly 3 to 1) over any other of my lures.  im on the East end. I have the Orange and "High School" also ready for when the Coho Show up

We have run a few and they do run a little deeper than Rapalas and 3 have found the bottom fish.

If you run them the same distance as your J9s or jr thundersticks in 8 fow you WILL donate some. I learned that the hard way too. ðŸ˜

75' is a good distance in 8-10 fow and in 12-15 you can stretch it back to 120.

If you absolutely HAVE to run them way back in shallow water use a float to keep them up higher.

You can always go with a heavier main line to help float them higher too. A lot of the Rochester boats run 20-30lb mainline for Spring Browns. I don't like it because the thicker the line the more wind it catches.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What size are you guys running? I ordered some and the smaller ones look too small but the longer ones look short. I am comparing these to bomber long A and storm Jrs.

Edited by Chas0218

What size are you guys running? I ordered some and the smaller ones look too small but the longer ones look short. I am comparing these to bomber long A.

I've been running the Short Shallows. With my line set-up (15lb main/10lb Fluoro leader) I can hit bottom in about 7' back 80'. No reason the long ones wouldn't work.

I've been running the Short Shallows. With my line set-up (15lb main/10lb Fluoro leader) I can hit bottom in about 7' back 80'. No reason the long ones wouldn't work.

For some reason the guys on the east end (Oswego-Mexico) like the long shallows for Browns. Rochester and west the short shallows seem to work better.

Thanks Rich, I like looked at their specs and the shorts are about 1/4" shorter than the storm Jrs. That might be why I think they look short. 

For some reason the guys on the east end (Oswego-Mexico) like the long shallows for Browns. Rochester and west the short shallows seem to work better.

Yeah I fish Sodus or further east towards the St. Lawrence, I generally run all the standard lengths never any shorts.