There are some good people & there are some really good people

In the Classified section I put up an ad, asking to purchase a rod holder if someone had one. Well, TileMan Dan is giving me one NO CHARGE. Of course I offered to pay. Thank you Dan, let it be known you’re a really good man.

If I can return the favor, I surely will.

Greg

Nice!  People helping people....love it!  Last year old man left me a new musky lure on my deck at the lake just to say thanks for a little info I share with anyone anyways.  Was a great gesture...lets you know there are still good people.  Kudos to those help out others when they can for no reason other than they can! 

Nice!  People helping people....love it!  Last year old man left me a new musky lure on my deck at the lake just to say thanks for a little info I share with anyone anyways.  Was a great gesture...lets you know there are still good people.  Kudos to those help out others when they can for no reason other than they can! 

:yes:

Ditto to all the above.  When I first started salmon fishing quite some time ago, I posted a thread looking to buy a depth finder.  Dave H. from Team Dreamweaver sold me a nice Humminbird and included in the shipping box spoons, dodgers, and some other neat stuff at no charge.  I was pleasently surprised and very thankful.  Thru the years I've heard similar stories from the guys on this site and am so proud to be a member of this site.  I've made many very good friends from the connections I've made salmon fishing.  Your $20 for Pro Membership helps keep the site going.  Thank you to everyone for making this site the very best it can be. 

Nice thread here. I have received extremely generous items from LOU folks. I promise to keep it going forward with LOU's "what comes around, goes around" mentality. To the giver, my whole family thanks you. My son has had numerous surgeries resulting in an inability to run well. He LOVES fishing and boating. Your gift is a father and son project that is priceless! Thanks to Matt. Larry

This is a pretty unique website. When I initially joined on here at Admiral Byrd's suggestion I posted maybe a couple posts and then was distracted by other life stuff and didn't get on much for a couple years and  then one day I figured i'd check it out again and realized after looking through the myriad of posts that LOU is very different than the other sites I've frequented in the past and folks are not only generous with information but many members show a concern for others that is over and above the norm these days....my kind of place :) . I also figured at this point in life after spending my whole life fishing I might have something to contribute and give back to the sport as well. The above examples sure illustrate the fact that this willingness to share is a general phenomenon here and is truly special these days....long live LOU and the good people that frequent it :)

P.S. It has also been great meeting folks in person and establishing some great new friendships :yes:

Edited by Sk8man