Boat Lifts

Thinking about replacing the boat lift that's at my new camp. The local Ace in Sacket's has a sale going on until mid April I think he told me. I'd be ordering a cantilever lift with a canopy. The Ace sells Hewitt lifts and docks. Can anybody comment on their Hewitt lift? good, bad ugly.....

Look into a rail system, I have my boat on chaumont bay and when it was on a lift we had to move it 3 or 4 times a season into deeper water. I went to a rail system and haven't looked back.  They use a winch with a carriage that rides on C channel.  Not sure how big your boat is but for the price of a lift you can get a pretty hefty rail system. I have the 4000lbs. model

http://www.rgcproducts.com/marine-new/beacher_railways.html

Edited by Chas0218

MK6:

I have a 3,000 lb Hewitt cantilever boat lift at my dock.  I kept my Hewescraft Sea Runner 22 footer on it last summer for the first time. Worked well, but the manual lift wheel required some effort to get the boat up.  I am looking into a 24 volt remote operated system for this Spring.  I do not have a canopy on the lift, as it is free standing, & high winds could flip it, if the boat is not on it. I  travel around Lake Ontario during the year for weeks at a time, so the hoist would be empty at times.

Good Luck;

John

Did I mention getting the lift into the water far enough was really cold when the water was coming over the chest waders and pooling around your junk, 40* water is a lot colder when it isn't on your hands.

I also have a #3000 Hewitt cantilever hoist, I put their electric motor on it 2 years ago, now its pleasant raising & lowering the boat. Wish I got the remote tho, now I have to hold the key all the way up or down. Also like said above getting hoist in & out gets old but only have to do it twice a year. Beer & buddies help a lot!!

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a 3000# cantilever Hewitt this past weekend. Paid $3300 for it from the Ace Hardware outside of Sackets. Guy talked me out of the canopy, said it'd be more trouble than it's worth and it'd be likely to get tossed by the wind. I splurged and got a set of wheels for one end too. I have a marvelous grand scheme of an idea in my small brain to get it in and out by myself. It'll either work miraculously or I'll get hurt....Will post an update in May if I survive