Fishing eggs in our streams and rivers

We all need to face reality here that poaching on this lake occurs and is a major detriment to our future fishing.  This discussion was about how to curb that illegal poaching and get it under control.  You may not agree with the ideas to do that, and that is fine, but putting your head in the sand and pretending it doesn't happen is kind of crazy.  Nor does taking arguments presented to extremes to make them sound unreasonable or attacking methods you choose not to use but are legal.  Heck we got enough illegal stuff sliding by that we don't need to focus on chasing after the good guys too.  Boat guys and trib guys really want the same thing, a healthy population of fish to chase after whenever we get out on the water, poaching hurts that so let's creatively and constructively look for solutions we both can live with to do that.    

WOW! I have not checked on this thread in a couple of days, but I see that the conversation has remained civil and unclouded by emotions. ;)  We desperately need some open water before someone goes stir crazy. Definitely an entertaining read though!

Edited by Salmo slayar

We all need to face reality here that poaching on this lake occurs and is a major detriment to our future fishing.  This discussion was about how to curb that illegal poaching and get it under control.  You may not agree with the ideas to do that, and that is fine, but putting your head in the sand and pretending it doesn't happen is kind of crazy.  Nor does taking arguments presented to extremes to make them sound unreasonable or attacking methods you choose not to use but are legal.  Heck we got enough illegal stuff sliding by that we don't need to focus on chasing after the good guys too.  Boat guys and trib guys really want the same thing, a healthy population of fish to chase after whenever we get out on the water, poaching hurts that so let's creatively and constructively look for solutions we both can live with to do that.    

Well said!

Great point but tuff, I'm a Mainer that started fishing your water last spring. I see 1 out of every 3 fisherman snagging while fishing some of your rivers and some way more. Some spots I watched the same fisherman return day after day and some multiple time daily and snag fish and leave each time. I can see your point and is a good one but I see you all have enforcement issues. With out good enforcement laws do zero good

Edited by Barkspud

• 4 weeks later...

Whatever I wish to do with my limit of fish is none of your business.  If I wish to bring it home and wear it as a hat I will; drop it off at the taxidermist I will; make some homemade caviar, eat them and get sick, I will.  The charter folk see these fish as a means to make money so of course lowering the limit/fun for clients hurts business, but I dont give a crap about your business.  Asking the goverenment to move in, only in your calculated way so that your fun/profits are protected is pathetic.  If biologists deem the current regulations unsustainable, they ought to adjust existing regulations becasue most NY'ers that I talk to are sick and tired of new ones.                    

Do you not care about this fishery then?