1st time to Seneca.

Looking to trailer the boat up this Sunday never been to Seneca before curious if someone could point me in the right direction as to where they launch the boat to fish the south end flatlining

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If you plan to launch at the South end, Clute park launch is open, and the preferred launch. It's free this time of year as well. Also, there will be a fishing tackle flea market going on in the Watkins Glen Community Center from 9am - 2pm. In the same location as the launch. Definitely worth checking that out!  

I am a north end guy. My cottage is up there and only head to south end for perch out of Severne. As for trout and the Atlantics I do ok and never really tried the south end. I have a buddy who guides down there and they haven't done to great but manage a few the last couple of days and he always go out from the Glen

Nautitroller just fished the south end today and reported the fish were deep. As far as the south end goes, west side in front of the break wall and the cottages short of the "Tiki" bar would be good now. Follow bottom contour in early season. Stay in less than 100' more like 60 ft' Hard to do sometimes because of the bottom. Severne though, would be your best choice right now. 

The Flea Market is only Sunday from 9-2.

Good luck guys, bait was really deep concentrated by the salt plant in 260-300+ fow, water clarity was super clear, could see ff down 40' , the shallow program may be good early in the am, I wouldn't be afraid to drop a 13lb rigger down 200' and see.. if I were out again I would concentrate on the area around the plant then head North, there was some bait on the bottom in 180 to 200' along the west shore. Yesterday there was some skim ice on the West side by Hector Falls with a bit of color in the water there too. I would have tried that area a bit more but the ice was no fun to troll through.

GOOD LUCK, let us know...

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Nautitroller

with these reports I think I am going to try Tfalls....never ran riggers this early there and usually end up with a few fish. This is my 1st trip of the year and really just to make sure that everything is in order for our annual 7 hr trip to port Clinton here in a week or two. Thanks for all your help and I will try Seneca this year but with reports like this I will stick with what I now and shave some time off my drive. Thanks again guys. and good luck dark water.Full report sunday afternoon on my luck. good luck to all that make it out.

I went out last Saturday and it's fishing have to earn them we were rewarded with quality 200 copper was producing salmon and the 5 color was producing some nice browns we did get a few of the toothy critters when we went shallow... Just remember don't leave fish to find fish they are finicky right now direction and speed are very important thus far in the season post-147332-14275809734666_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Very nice Joe! Beauty. The reason I believe the picture is cause of the ice on the rigger... it was cold dude

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

it was cold but nothing a few doubled over rods and screaming drags can't fix!!! The ll was a real beauty but you will have to see the flt tackle page for that one direct shot of spoon so no posting on this hahahahaha sorry fellas

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app