Small finger lake pig!

fishmandan

:yes:   Used to see them all the time like that at Conesus years ago. And easy to catch. Run into them a lot in Seneca like that too. And those hogs can be in any of them here and there. Nice fish.   :)  Care to tell which finger it's from?

• 2 weeks later...

fishmandan.....OK. That's cool. But maybe I can crack your code of silence mindset.....please consider. Even the smallest finger lakes (even though they are not called finger lakes) like Waneta and Lamoka and the Mill pond are fairly large waters. The real fingers are all large to very big by anyone's standards. I am not looking for info on what spot in these waters in order to find that perch's twin. My curiosity is more because of the pride and joy of living on a piece of the planet that has these nice gifts of nature. Pride and joy. All of the finger lakes have pretty good jumbo perch in them. Seneca is known to have plenty. Conesus used to have them all over. I say "used to" because I caught a few there and used to see one here and there floating almost dead but still bright and beautiful on the surface. Probably ones that broke off and suffered a slow demise from internal injury. Same there with some dinner plate sized sunfish! And I have not seriously fished Conesus in a while to know if it is still like that. I know some people abuse fishing info. Like some folks that try to break the law to bring fish to market for money. They suck. And that would include many commercial fishers who could care less about tomorrow than today (over fishing and $$). Most folks who are into catching good perch know already where to get them and how to target them. For the rest, it's just "wow, look what I caught!" I'm thinkin' that is your case. You captured a wonderful perch and I'll bet it tasted great (unless you are "walling" it!). Letting your fellow LOU'rs know which finger it came from (if indeed a finger lake; not a small body in the region like Cayuta or Loon or private water) will not cause a bunch of people to all of a sudden bee-line it to that lake to try for  similar perch. There are too many waters with jumbos (fortunately) and they each are too big. Not looking for your spot on that lake. Just the whole lake itself. Like the pride and thrill you got from posting your fish picture, I like the pride and wonder of showing off these beautiful (and plentiful..) New York waters we have to enjoy!........fishmandan.....Am I gettin' anywhere with ya?  :thinking:.......As long as it is not just to protect your own self interest, but that of the fishery, I can dig that energy. I'm just curious for pride and joy's sake. BTW...Do U really catch a lot of those jacks in your spot on that lake?

Edited by panfisher

fishmandan.....OK. That's cool. But maybe I can crack your code of silence mindset.....please consider. Even the smallest finger lakes (even though they are not called finger lakes) like Waneta and Lamoka and the Mill pond are fairly large waters. The real fingers are all large to very big by anyone's standards. I am not looking for info on what spot in these waters in order to find that perch's twin. My curiosity is more because of the pride and joy of living on a piece of the planet that has these nice gifts of nature. Pride and joy. All of the finger lakes have pretty good jumbo perch in them. Seneca is known to have plenty. Conesus used to have them all over. I say "used to" because I caught a few there and used to see one here and there floating almost dead but still bright and beautiful on the surface. Probably ones that broke off and suffered a slow demise from internal injury. Same there with some dinner plate sized sunfish! And I have not seriously fished Conesus in a while to know if it is still like that. I know some people abuse fishing info. Like some folks that try to break the law to bring fish to market for money. They suck. And that would include many commercial fishers who could care less about tomorrow than today (over fishing and $$). Most folks who are into catching good perch know already where to get them and how to target them. For the rest, it's just "wow, look what I caught!" I'm thinkin' that is your case. You captured a wonderful perch and I'll bet it tasted great (unless you are "walling" it!). Letting your fellow LOU'rs know which finger it came from (if indeed a finger lake; not a small body in the region like Cayuta or Loon or private water) will not cause a bunch of people to all of a sudden bee-line it to that lake to try for similar perch. There are too many waters with jumbos (fortunately) and they each are too big. Not looking for your spot on that lake. Just the whole lake itself. Like the pride and thrill you got from posting your fish picture, I like the pride and wonder of showing off these beautiful (and plentiful..) New York waters we have to enjoy!........fishmandan.....Am I gettin' anywhere with ya? :thinking:.......As long as it is not just to protect your own self interest, but that of the fishery, I can dig that energy. I'm just curious for pride and joy's sake. BTW...Do U really catch a lot of those jacks in your spot on that lake?

Its all just bragging when no details at all are given.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app