Duck seasons

Each year the DEC surveys duck hunters and region rep's as to what they feel the seasons should be and then take those suggestions and formulate the seasons based on that input(or so they say) within the guidelines established by the federal government.

What are some of your guys thoughts on this, personally in the west for me the last couple years by the late season everything's locked up tight and options are small. The diver huntings great on big water but it's challenging finding puddlers!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

My personal opinion is, you can shoot popcorn ducks anytime.... The late season is really the only time to get "good" divers... Ie cans, redheads, and Bills. We worked our rear ends off to get our birds this past split. Kinda rewarding knowing most guys give up because its too much work or too cold. The season setting committee screwed us out of a weekend last year and i expect much of the same this year..... I did send an email in to support a longer late season.....if just by 2 days, that would be fine.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Missdemeanor

maybe what they should do is have a seperate fingerlakes season.The big lake has locked up early the past second half with few good divers.Definitely a later finger lakes hunt would be very productive and fun.

Problem like you said alot of guys don't like tough conditions.

Hey I still hunt even with PD.