Dalhousie is on fire. I haven't been out there myself, but they had the spring Scotty tournament out of Port last weekend and lots of big fish being caught.

www.spoonpullers.com is a great Canadian based site for information on that side of the big pond.

Tim

Thanks Tim, I'll check it out & may even make a trip down there on sunday or monday.

Tim, what you have heard, what are the sizes of the kings being taken? I always used the early tournys such as the spring LOC to help guage what the fall's fish may be like.-Duane PS Best of luck to you if you get to fish the derby this spring. Hoping to get up maybe next weekend.

Duane, quite a few in the low 20's. Joe had 1 prefishing (figures) that went 24, so it looks like size should be pretty good this year.

I'm still not in the water yet and it's killing me. i gotta find some time th get the boat into shape and get it in its slip soon.

Tim

Tim, I know what you mean. I'm the VP of the Sr girls softball league and our regular season kicks off on Monday. It has been rather time consuming leading up to this point, with all that is involved behind the scenes and such. Got the boat out of storage at least last Saturday. Just need to find the time to use it. But it is my youngest daughters last year to play, so that is my priority as of now. I'll make up for lost time as soon as that is over however :lol:

chinook i feel your pain and joy after my 10 yr plus softball ,kinda miss it but notin a little screaming drag cant fix,fishstix if you remember what end of a pole to hold on to ill be at olcott thursday about noon or earlier .if your regestered in the derby you can jump on with jason and myself for the day.Ray K. 607 769 7947

Ray, after this year I'll probably step back in some degree. But I can't see me giving up the girls softball totally. Been doing to long now and will stay involved some how. I want to free up some time in the early spring for fishing. Then again my oldest daughter is off to the the University of Pitt. May be attending ball games there for all I know :lol: She plays a pretty good second base.

chinook i feel your pain and joy after my 10 yr plus softball ,kinda miss it but notin a little screaming drag cant fix,fishstix if you remember what end of a pole to hold on to ill be at olcott thursday about noon or earlier .if your regestered in the derby you can jump on with jason and myself for the day.Ray K. 607 769 7947

Ray,

appreciate the invite, but unfortunately that's a big old not possible for me. Heck, If I could take the time off work to go fishing I'd probably already have had the time to get the boat in her slip :lol:

Oh, and its FishStYx , FishstIx is that other guy :D:lol:

Thanks anyways.

Tim

We had a derby there this past Saturday. 20 teams, 4 fish box, top 3 were:

1. 67lbs, 2. 65lbs, 3. 63lbs. Calcutta big fish went just over 20lbs.

Thanks Shad,good report. I went out on Monday, just east of port weller, lost one at the boat, smaller fish. That was the only hook up we had all day.

• 4 weeks later...