Kayak fishing for salmon

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to kayak fishing but very new to salmon fishing from one.  I really want to try for fall salmon by flatlining somewhat close to shore and could really use pointers for lure/color selections.  I do not have a fish finder  mounted but may by the time the season starts.  I will be targeting stony point, selkirk and fair haven areas.  I would be grateful for any tips or pointers you may want to share.  I have 2 scotty rod holders in the front and 2 stock flush mounts in the back.

• 3 weeks later...

I've kayak fish for salmon nearshore in the dark using glow in the dark spoons, and have also trolled for them out to three miles from shore using a Dipsy Diver.  I wouldn't recommend the offshore trolling unless you have a very capable, watertight sit on top kayak.

10178137 10202779309871618 5971394383179593884 N

1379679 10200563234871128 997315060 N

Nice, yeah I don't think i will be going too far offshore with my yak.  I took it out to to Fair Haven Sunday morning and while it was fairly calm it still had taken in a little water just from paddling around. Next time I think I will bring a large sponge along to help keep it within reason in the cold weather.  Do glow in the dark spoons work well in the fall?  I can't believe with all the great fishing to come from spring through summer I am already looking forward to fall, I'm not right.