Looking for new boat!

cdq

So my dad and I are looking for a new boat!  Anywhere from a 25-30ft boat that is an inboard and has a beam of 8ft or better!  Price range I believe from what my dad has been searching is 10,000-20,000.  I have been looking at Rampages, Luhrs, Penn Yan Prowlers, Tiaras, Baha, Albemarles, and Carolina Classics not exactly sure what my dad has been looking at.  Obviously it is going to be a used boat with the price range but we are looking to upgrade in size to a bigger boat!  What sites are the best to look at these boats?  And that actually give you truthful information!

Thanks

Good Luck, Tight Lines, Screaming Reels

PS: This boat has caught my eye! (Rampage)

post-150249-0-43655400-1427462613_thumb.jpg

So my dad and I are looking for a new boat!  Anywhere from a 25-30ft boat that is an inboard and has a beam of 8ft or better!  Price range I believe from what my dad has been searching is 10,000-20,000.  I have been looking at Rampages, Luhrs, Penn Yan Prowlers, Tiaras, Baha, Albemarles, and Carolina Classics not exactly sure what my dad has been looking at.  Obviously it is going to be a used boat with the price range but we are looking to upgrade in size to a bigger boat!  What sites are the best to look at these boats?  And that actually give you truthful information!

Thanks

Good Luck, Tight Lines, Screaming Reels

PS: This boat has caught my eye! (Rampage)

You will have to up your price range if you are looking at the boats you have mentioned unless they are pretty old. None of those will be in the 10-20 grand price range unless they need a fair amount of work to be done on them.

Edited by MikeyP

Have you looked at the Penn Yan 257 Aggressor for sale on this site. The boat is very well maintained, come with a lot of gear for fairly cheap money. Check it out for sale by Patriot.  Mikey P. is right, to find a good boat you looking at $20K +. He knows a lot about fishing boats. In fact he just bought a Mint Baha, can't wait to see it. Good luck with your search..........Tight Lines

Agree with what Tom said - I just paid $660 for a survey and the guy was extremely thorough. Even though the boat looked to be immaculate it still turned up a few things that need attention that I might have otherwise missed. Great for peace of mind and to know what you are getting yourself into, plus many insurance companies will require a survey to insure your boat.

You have all good boats on there but be cautious of the older Luhrs. I'm in the same boat, no pun intended, looking for a boat 10-25k. I thought I was going to get a good deal on a 342 Luhrs and had a survey done and the boat was pretty shot even though it looked nice. I researched them a lot more and I believe pre 96 Luhrs used balsa/fiberglass (or some sort of soft wood) stringers that were very prone to rot.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United