oneida openin day

got on the water @6am fished till 11am 3 eyes 1 perch,eyes caught on black jig with a crawler,perch took a red dixie spinner.all fished cauhgt between 20-24 fow.very windy had to use a drift sox to slow down and still was to fast for my tastes.marked lots of fsh but just 4 strikes and caught everyone[yea]very few boats out of lakeport!!if weather permits goin to try oswego on sunday for some 10lbers.and so long 4 now;john

It was a tough bite for me out there today. Took a total of 12 fish in about 9 hours of fishing. I marked a ton of fish but I think they had lockjaw. I threw everything at them, hair , plastic. Trolled reef runners, spinners off bouncers. Lindy rigs took the majority of the fish.

Weekend was tough for me and it started with dinging my prop up coming out of Fremac . :$ . state had not set the markers yet and I thought they had!! should have knowed better as they jsut did not like right. next time Ill trust my instinct and ill only ahve my self to blame.

I had three drift socks out all day and was still screaming to fast - tough jigging. Picked up a few short and couple of keepers (17/18) before my wife started to get sick from the pounding :roll: .

Couldnt get out Sunday, but did well yesterday down at sylvan beach with sandpike jig tiped with worm ... they were feeding ... still cought a bunch of shorts but also two of my 3 keepers were a touch over 21" :D . and the oterh a fat 19"

Back at them today before I have to go back to work to pay for the gas I burned and stainless prop repair :shock: !!

good luck out there ... and watch for rocks :roll: