I-bay trip during memorial day

Hello, i'm heading up to onterio for the first time memorial day weekend. I will be launching out of I-bay somewhere. Any suggestions on where to launch and/or slip the boat for a few days?

I'm also looking for some pointers on where/how to fish. I have a fully rigged 19' starcraft. was hoping to troll the mornings in the big lake for browns or kings, and then possibly fish for bass in the afternoon (catch and release during late may right?).

Any pointers? common depths, headings out of I-bay?

If it's too rough on the big lake any pointers on how or what to fish for in the bay?

I would appreciate any tips!

Waneck - Welcome, where you coming from?

There's a county launch on the North end, west side of channel. Couple marinas around the bay. (East of channel, on west side by bridge & on south end) You name the fish, it's in there. Lots of non-fishing traffic during warm weather. Launch early.

Here's a topo on the bay & area.

http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/14804.shtml

Play with map & you can see structure. Hot spots all over the place. On the lake side, Durand & Genny to the west, Shipbuilders, Webster, Pultneyville to the east. Smallies generally within 20FOW from Shipbuilders east, Browns will be a little deeper almost anyplace.

Good luck,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Thanks for the tips Tom!

I'm coming from NJ. My sister just moved up to Pittsford so i'm headed up there for 4 days to fish with the brother in law. I would prefer to troll all day, but he has A-D-D and needs to cast and reel.

What is the best bet for steady action in the bay? typical fish the shoreline with plastics or drift the drop off's with live bait or jigs?

As far as the trolling goes in the big lake...how deep would i have to be for a chance at a king? Or should i just stick to the browns for this time of year?

Thanks again! Jed

Jed,

I'd work the drop-offs. North End & East side. Watch out for structure. Trolling in the bay is a challenge. Look at the lake posts for what's going on out in the lake. Kings just starting to show up.

Tom B.

(LongLine)