• 2 weeks later...

From the aerial view, is the edge of the ice just below Henderson Harbor in maybe the Stoney point area?  Also, that pic was dated April 2nd, how far has that ice pushed away by now?  I am hoping to drop my kayak in that area sunday but don't want to drive all that way to find i need my ice sled to get out there.

Wish I could tell you,but you didn't want to be out there today,not for Browns anyway.even though we didn't fish,it was great just putting the boat in and cruising up the river.

Thank makes sense after checking the wave report. Tomorrow should be a better day I hope!  I was looking at the wave report and today looked like hell out there and if if sucks on the map images... it's gotta be even worse on the water. 

well,first trip of the season and all went well.everything worked,no troubles and got to do some fishing FINALLY!!!!!got out around noon today and set up right out side the river and made a right.didnt need to go far,fish were in the nice dirty water the river was pushing out.went 3 for 12 in 3 hours.had alot of releases with no body home.did have 4 on at once which was crazy with just the 2 of us.landed 2 out of the 4.all fish were small.lemon ice took 2 of the fish and a green spoon i painted and taped this past winter took the other and had some knock offs as well.sticks didnt see much action,did loose one lifting him in the boat on a black and silver bayrat.all and all a nice day on the water,was nice to get away from the snow and ice for a weekend,but back home now and the snow and ice are still here.looking forward to next weekend already.i did fish on a fellow l.o.u.members boat this morning and did alot better on his boat then mine,hopefully he will post his results.