walleye should be in this week was gonna take the dog down today and check but it never stopped f---ing snowing here on the hill

will post tomorrow if they show up as i will stop on  my way home from work.

I saw some that looked about 10 lbs. no giants,but the visibility was not the best. There were a lot of 4/5 lb size fish around. Thanks Larry,i'll check that out. REALLY ready to get out and fish!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I am not sure. It seems like there may be a reason they don't want the fish to go beyond the spillway. They have a marsh area on the other side of the road that is engineered to be pike spawning habitat. It is actually almost like ponds but they are filled up in the spring and later after the pike spawn and the fry hatch they are drained.  I just found out about this a couple months ago. See the link below. I am not sure about what their strategy is for the walleye or what the ideal spawning and nursery habitat is for them. They may need the moving water.

Management of constructed Northern Pike spawning marshes in Conesus Lake.

Edited by muskiedreams

There were a lot of walleye and a few pike in the creek and there were quite a few pike above the spillway circling around. They must have been able to get up there when the water was high. Most of the pike were in the 20" to 30" range. The largest ones I saw were probably only around 36". Tons of dead carp in the marsh.