Today was my daughter's 6th birthday and the only thing she wanted to do was fish, I couldn't be happier. The sound of feet on my bedroom floor woke me up at 430am and off we went to pick up my father, or Lexi's "Papa." We were greeted at the Genny launch to new docks and really low water at 645am. We could have used a parachute to drop into the boat (18' Lund.) We hung a right out of the chute and ran a few miles east and the first lines of the season were in just before ship builders in 12 FOW. I ran 3 smithwicks off one board 2 gold/silver with a red head and a goby colored one. On the port side board went 3 natural colored, jointed rapalas. Both riggers had chicken wing spoons, 1 down 4' and back 50 and the other one down 7 and back 30'. We never made it down to webster. We concentrated on a half mile either side of ship builders till noon. We (she) boated 2 beautiful Browns in the first hour and lost another 5. Lost a few lures to the bottom and answered 750 questions about the outdoors. Just the perfect day. She has been out with us since she was a baby but today I could tell she was really into it and hooked for good now...until she's a teenager at least. My dad still doesn't know how to take pictures with his phone....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-146339-14281095918966_thumb.jpg

post-146339-14281096123359_thumb.jpg

post-146339-14281097742572_thumb.jpg

post-146339-1428109905792_thumb.jpg

Edited by basspro

The smile on her face says it all....you are headed to some really good memories. My girls were all brought up with a fishing pole in their hands, and as adults they are still fishing with me. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

The last pic. Is priceless, totally exhausted!!!, my girls are 10 now and are really into it, it become competitive, so dad has to pick out which ever is working and put the same lure on or else it not fair. But it's all good, like you said till their teenagers, till then there's no feeling in the world when they think dad is just awsome. Good luck to you and your new partner!!

Nice,she looks happier then when my wife goes,looks like she got worn out at the end,great job getting her out!nice fish!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Thanks everyone. I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of the season and my daughter can't wait to get out as well. Just have to anxiously wait for that first drag rip from a king

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app