Fishhawk and Lowrance transducers close to each other?

I have a Lowrance Elite 7 HDI and FishHawk X4 transducers mounted on opposite sides of the transom. I mounted them that way because FishHawk recommended keeping them a good distance apart.

My issue was with interference on my Lowrance. It didn't read great and eventually lost bottom. It is mounted between my kicker and main motor, which is probably havoc with turbulence.

Does anyone have their FishHawk and sonar transducers mounted near each other with no problems?

Yes. I have both transducers, Fish Hawk and HDS5 - mounted right next to each other. I run a Yamaha 115 4 stroke, no kicker. Never had a problem with either of them, trolled over 500+ FOW, never lost bottom once.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Cody did you update the software that came with the Lowrance HDI with the latest update?

http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Software-Updates/Elite-40/

I just saw that last night. I am going to move the transducer this weekend and update the software. Thanks for the heads up!

Remember when a $10 rod and reel with a bobber was enough? I am missing those days! Haha!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

One of the good thing about Lowrance is the fact that you can choose between 83 & 200 khz. The X4 I think is close to the 80khz so when using the 200khz you don't have any problem running the X4; I do and I don't have any problem with interference.

On the other side if you are running a Humminbird it is more prone to get interference because the unit always transmit both frequencies even if you choose the 200 it still transmit the 83 frequecie.

As stated on the Fishhawk doc there is no problem when using 200khz but on 83 it's very close to the 83. As I write on my post the Humminbird unit always transmit both frequencies so it is more likely that you will see some interference.

My friend (a charter guide on LO has change is Hb to a Lowrance because of this.

I have 2 Lowrance HDS units, one with a 83/200 transom mount transducer and the other with an Airmar B60 thru hull 50/200hz

I don't see any interference from the Fishhawk even when I'm running one unit at 83 hz and the other at both 50 and 200 hz, split screen. 

As you can see the Fishhawk and 83/200 transducers are mounted close together.  The B60 is also on the same side about 3' further forward.

Only time i have a problem is if I try to run both transducers at 200hz by mistake.  

post-140506-0-75702800-1428509529_thumb.jpg

I think they selected 70 khz frequency on the Fishhawk to avoid this on both Humminbird and Lowrance transducers. It is highly probable that the problem lies in the position of your HDI transducer and it may need to be positioned exactly according to the installation instructions. My hunch is that it is up too high from the bottom of the boat. It should be approximately 1/16 below the boat bottom parallel to the ground NOT the boat bottom, and you may need to tilt the angle of it until you lose the interference. Turbulence can appear very much like electrical interference on the screen and losing bottom is often having the wrong angle position of the transducer.

Edited by Sk8man