New method for lake trout.

The Keuka Lake ice fishermen have had a ball with lakers this winter. They drop to the bottom with 3/4 oz Cleos or jigs and reel them up to the surface and are whacking the lake trout on the reeling in the line. Would this method work on Ontario? You will have to try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Not exactly a new method....been done for many years but for a number of recent years much of Keuka hasn't frozen enough (especially the Branchport arm) to get out there to do it.

Flat calm days find where 42 degrees meets the bottom and go to town. The reeling straight in techniques that we use on keuka wont work because lakers wont chase in the warmer temps that are closer to the surface im the summer

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Trolling till u find deep bottom fish is step one on big water, 2nd part is the tricky part is staying on these deep lakers with a  heavy  duty trolling motor good electronics a big plus..Rest is actually easy, drop the lure of choice  jigging spoons or jigs tip with plastics or live bait all work.  But I think trolling on lake Ontario is much more exciting because of the variety of game fish available with a good spread of lures covering many depths.. But jigging can score good if day calm and deep fiish showing on locator..Nothing wrong with jigging..Good luck