Cayuga South End 5/4

Hit the water at 6:30 found 55 temp in the channel and 44 to 51 in the lake. Worked the plume in 8 to 15 FOW with bright colors off the planner boards with only 3 pike and a chain pickerel to show for our efforts by 9:30. Decided to work the drop off and found a honey hole near the pipe on the east side where the bottom dropped from 20 to 48 FOW.

Picked up our first brown on a #9 black/silver husky jerk. Worked the same waypoint a picked up another on and ended the day with a double over the same spot on our final pass. Gold/black J11, silver/purple head yozuri, and stinger pink alewife did the damage. Got a bonus LL salmon while clearing lines off the rigger that didn’t release on the stinger.

Overall 5 for 5, 4 for 5 on the toothy critters. All the trout action came between 9:45 and 11:00.

Greenhorn Greg with the best toothy critter of the day.

DSCF0581-1-1.jpg

Mark & Greg tagteamed this 4 lb Brown

DSCF0583-1.jpg

Greg 1 & Greg 2 With Brown 1 and Brown 2

DSCF0585.jpg

Nice job guys. I went out Saturday and was worse than skunked :$ . Fished 4 hours and all I got was one of those snake fish like you have in your first picture. Guess I'm going back to fishing school :roll: .

Your getting lots of hits on your post. They must be like the fish I'm encountering,....lock jaw :) .

Stinger,

The Spring Derby is coming up on Cayuga, everythings a secret :shock: :shock: :lol::lol:

Splitshot115

come on split, everyone knows that a secret isn't any good unless you tell someone (me ;) ). That's what secrets are for. Right Z?

Boy.....I sure wish this spring derby would hurry up and get over. All this secrecy is really killing me :( .

Pretty quiet out there :shock: . No more reports. No more b@ll busting. No more razzing. No more bragging :roll: .

I can wait for Split' to spill his guts out when it's over so the rest of us can start catchin' instead of fishin' :P .

Good luck to all in the Derby. Hope to see a couple LOU members win some prizes.

I won't be fishing the derby. I'll be on the side lines waiting for some tips ;) .

Stinger,

You notice you don't hear anything of RR, and you say I'm keeping secrets :lol: We'll have to see what happens, I've got some spots but the fish have to be there :shock: I've got alot of lures that need washed.

My buddy strike three has decided to stay on Ontario for this, so no info from him :shock: looks like I'm on my own for this one ;)

Might have to get the secret weapon out. :lol:

Splitshot115