Moor subtroll and Black box?

• 1 month later...

Lilhelp, Did the black box increase your rigger bite? I have coated cable on one rigger and braided rigger line on the other. I am having trouble with my rigger bites but am doing alright on dipseys and lead core off the boards. I don't know how to check for negative fish repelling electric current with the coated and braided rigger lines. I am fishing in a aluminum 17ft tracker any help would be greatly appreciated thank you. 

Do you still have the manual that came with your unit? In there they tell uou how to test your current. The boat has to be in the water while you do the test. uou may need to Upgrade your meter to accommodate the function you will need. I would get one so that you can do the test a couple of times a season. The next thing is, I'm not an expert but I don't think that the bix will work on anything other than straight cable, stainless or wire. I think that the box uses the conductive elements of the cable. Coated or braid may not give you the results your looking for. Have you tried opening up your leads? Stretching things out a bit. Maybe its the rigger presentation??? I'm sure you have tried everything. It definitely gets frustrating. Blank screens are killing me! Good luck with everything! Sorry if I didn't help you.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thank you Lilhelp, Yes I did try leads 100 to 150ft. I was just wondering if the steal connection from probe to the coated cable could be sending bad current out. I was just on the black box website and there is a way to check voltage off the boat hull. Maybe I will just replace the braid with stainless cable and check the voltage that way. Or you very well could be right it might be prsentations. Thanks again,

I have not had any problems with it. Got hung up once and it held up got my weight back. No cable hum either. The only reason I went with it is because the stainless was all kinked up plus I thought it might help just in case there was a voltage problem. So far its working good.