Need a boat cover

I just bought a new boat hoist. the one that came with my camp is in pretty rough shape and the local place had a sale and good price on a new Hewitt. Guy talked me out of adding a canopy and I didn't want to spend that much for a canopy anyway. So I'm searching for a GOOD cover. My boat will be on stored on the lift all season at camp and I live kinda far away so I don't wanna have to worry about the wind taking it or the boat getting all slopped up, etc.

I currently have a cheapo cover that straps to the trailer, I just use this to keep dust outta the boat while it's parked in the barn over winter. So I know nothing about covers. I like the idea of a snap cover but they seem like they might be a pain to get on and off. They seem secure in my mind though. Can anybody recommend something to me and where to buy?

The boat's a 2008 G3 172 FS. It's an 18' aluminum deep V dual console walk through windshield with a trolling motor on the port side. It's in near perfect shape and I'd like to keep it as nice as possible so it's definitely gotta be covered somehow.

I have a practically brand new canvas boat cover that I got for my 18 foot Polarkraft. I used it a couple times then I traded the boat for a 20 foot StarCraft. It is heavy duty and has the cover for motor too. I paid $300 for it. I will sell it for a $100. Just taking up space in my garage. James

I bought a "semi custom" carver boat cover. It has an outboard cover built in. Still intact after 3 years. The wal mart and bass pro covers i've owned have ripped after 2 years. I had a snap on cover that came with my Lund but it was brutal to get on with arthritis and carpal tunnel. If i had a lift i'd spring for a canopy. Or build one.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I have a practically brand new canvas boat cover that I got for my 18 foot Polarkraft. I used it a couple times then I traded the boat for a 20 foot StarCraft. It is heavy duty and has the cover for motor too. I paid $300 for it. I will sell it for a $100. Just taking up space in my garage. James

I might be interested in that boat cover you have laying around. You think it'd fit my boat with the trolling motor? Where you located? I'll be up at camp the last weekend in April maybe we can work something out if it'll fit my boat. 

I bought a "semi custom" carver boat cover. It has an outboard cover built in. Still intact after 3 years. The wal mart and bass pro covers i've owned have ripped after 2 years. I had a snap on cover that came with my Lund but it was brutal to get on with arthritis and carpal tunnel. If i had a lift i'd spring for a canopy. Or build one.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

They make a tool for snaping and unsnaping , I have one down in the boat in the barn I,ll get back to you about it. Works slick.

Moose, I am in Black River. My cell number is 315-408-8246. I had a trolling motor on my Polarkraft and it fit over it. It is brand new. Let me know and I can bring it up to Sackets and we can check it out. If it fits great, if not, someone else will get a nice boat cover. It is just taking up space in my garage right now. James

A little advice make sure to attach your boat too the hoist or at least to the dock next to it with a chain or cable. I wouldn't be concerned with someone stealing but more about it coming off and floating away.

A few years back we had an awful storm surge and lake level came up 3 feet during the night many people lost jet skis and boats. My motor on my rail system was submerged and my boat would've floated off if not secured.

Sent from my thinking chair...

Edited by Chas0218