trailer issue diagnosis

bandrus1

Tires too wide for rim, check that first if your older tires were not doing that ..or worst case, axle may not be truly straight..center section bowed forward slightly. Single axle, maybe if it is round tube you could loosen the ubolts and spin the axle a bit to change the spindle camber.

I had the same problem with my trailer when I bought it new. I took it back to Bass Pro and they checked the above mentioned items and said that the tires they put on their trailers new often had trouble as they were cheap. They had a set of Goodyears put on free of charge and I havent had any wear issues since. Didnt make much sense to me, but its been great since. These pics are of my original tires after a month and a half of use.

post-151276-0-02478300-1428268622_thumb.jpg

post-151276-0-86456500-1428268690_thumb.jpg

I had the same problem with my trailer when I bought it new. I took it back to Bass Pro and they checked the above mentioned items and said that the tires they put on their trailers new often had trouble as they were cheap. They had a set of Goodyears put on free of charge and I havent had any wear issues since. Didnt make much sense to me, but its been great since. These pics are of my original tires after a month and a half of use.

left side driver 1.JPG

right side passenger 1.JPG

That's just like mine except mine is on the inside

Stay away from Carlisle tires, but this wear may be caused by the axle sitting upside down  or the tires being car tires and not "ST" special trailer tires

I had the same issue a few years ago, after measuring around everything checked out my uncle noticed that my spring bushings in the front where the bolt goes through were shot. Took off the springs and rebushed the springs and 4 new tires later everything is good now. "BEFORE HAND" put new tires on and towed out to Erie they were so wore we flipped them to come home, that's how we knew something was very wrong, and we couldn't figure out why they wore so bad until Bill noticed the bushings were shot. 1993 trailer must have dry rotted or something. Check that out! PAP

Edited by pap