We canceled our charters for the weekend due to the forecast, and the distance our clients were driving. Well, the forecast was wrong for Easter Sunday. So, we took advantage of it and brought the ‘ol man, the original Yankee Troller, out on a morning shake down. Happy Easter to everyone and enjoy the first fish P - O - R - N of the 2015 season!

Nothing was "the man" when it came to baits. Bay Rats, Thundersticks, and Rapalas mostly in natural colors worked on the boards. Blue Sea Sick, Mulatto, and Mixed Veggies on our Cannons. 

FullSizeRender_zps3cjyteng.jpg

IMG_20150405_180523_zpshlpb97oi.jpg

IMG_20150405_085007046_zpstupmizes.jpg

FullSizeRender_2_zpscbdgzspk.jpg

Edited by Yankee Troller

Did you guys head east or west out of the river? We went east on friday and it was tough to find good water. All the fish in your pics look clean too, the 2 we boated and 3 that we lost at the boat were all marked up from lampreys. Looking forward to all of your reports again this season.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice way to get things started. Just curious how deep you ventured out? We hugged the shoreline but were tempted to try in the 40's for some lakers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Did you guys head east or west out of the river? We went east on friday and it was tough to find good water. All the fish in your pics look clean too, the 2 we boated and 3 that we lost at the boat were all marked up from lampreys. Looking forward to all of your reports again this season.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

West, but I don't think it matters.

Nice way to get things started. Just curious how deep you ventured out? We hugged the shoreline but were tempted to try in the 40's for some lakers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Deepest we got was 20', and that's where a LT came from.

Congrats on launching your battleship.  Hopefully you and the fleet of charters have a bountiful and safe season!  I hope to be on the water this weekend.

Awsome Easter Basket Rick!! Looking forward to some of the most detailed post going, can't wait for the Eastern Basin to get soft so us guys can get at it. Congrats to you and dad on a great outing! PAP.